Droppin' Science Vol 1 - G's Up Hoes Down Dubplate Version

Sonars Ghost

Ok I need sample IDs ( from the original too but they aren't clean or re-playable from it)

oh love yous baby vocal

Is it Grace Jones too? Adeeva? Something like that...

Flute Sample

Also used in Nightmares On Wax - A Case Of Funk. Second half is clean, but not first. This is one I have stumbled across in the past but can't recollect.

For remake purposes. Any help will be rewarded with a finished remake WAV.

Whoa I didn't know there was a dubplate version of this

That vocal sample is recognisable one, but cant think of what else its been used in right now

While your at it, how about recreating the dubplate version of the A side? Its the same track, but has the second drop taken out, instead replacing with a smooth interlude. Its much better and just a simple change really. As played by Bukem 93/94 era

Yeah that A-side plate version will be a re-edit more than a remake, just need a pad from the original source but think I have seen that mentioned on Discogs. I am in the middle of G's Up so want that done before I do the easier other side!

Basically an Amen version before it was swapped for that weird klangy Pascal Gabriel CD break.

I have googled so many vague connections to find those samples...just 3 then it's done! So near yet so far. I have posted my other remakes on the channel here http://rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54596#entry108358

Ta!

Ahh, the classic era of LTJ Bukem

I do like that clangy break in the released mix, in fact I always prefered that as my fave tune off the 12". (We could do with a track name, or title for that break on that CD - http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=53642 ;))

You have seen this, havent you?

http://rolldabeats.c...=20#entry108497

I've heard that Bukem had the only DAT with that version and it hasn't resurfaced. Danny Breaks may well one day get around to another compiling another comp with unreleased stuff he has reclaimed or found, but I just can't be arsed to wait. Besides I enjoy the challenge of remaking them.

I'll have a think about that break and maybe ask some people I know who used it BITD, but probably all came from PGDS. If any of them Breaks may have had the original source. Dev Paradox would definitely know...

I've thought of another tune that uses that vocal

DJ Red Alert & Pepsi - Don Gorgon Sound

Interestingly the pitch is higher in that one although its surely slower, actually that last bit might not be true as it was one of the 'fast' ones for 92... just checking shows no samples associated with that, sorry.

But asking on that tune might help jog some memories, especially of the old skool massive. Hope it helps :)

Thanks Ornette. It is a proper tip of the tongue vocal. For Red Alert to sample it it can't be that obscure (no offence to them, But Slammin Vinyl had a tad of the jive bunny to their superb run of 92-93 tunes). Even if it was 'clean' it would still be Amigafied to buggery... I will use that info to aid the quest!