Kniteforce - Shakle Me Not ("50 breakbeats")

H_M_M

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Still got Shackle Me Not on vinyl :) Used to love the breakbeats bit as a kid

Loads of the unknowns are annoyingly familiar, agree with Ornette that quite a few are likely ripped from tracks of that era or sound like they're straight off Kniteforce tracks - possibly their own variants

Anyway for what it's worth -

#2 - (Originally) Black Heat - Love The Life You Live

#5 - Paris - Make Way For A Panther

#14 - some Kniteforce tune - appears in the megamix (forget which track)

#16 - The Committee - A Little Like This (originally Weather Report - Non-Stop Home)

#17 - Gunshot - Battle Creek Brawl

#18 - Isn't this the think break from Trip - Snowball (Kniteforce)

#27 - isn't this just Run's House reversed

#31 - Zero B - Lock Up (KC & Sunshine Band - Let It Go Part 2)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would be good if 'Happy Milkshake Man' could come in and update his list, ideally with the name of the track that's been sampled and then with the source break underneath. Anyhow, here's a few comments:

Note that Shackle Me Not was released sometime in 1993 so we're looking at tracks before that

#1 is Style - The Assassinator (Killer Mix) which HMM figured out some time ago ;)

#4 - Not sure what amen varient this is but reminds me a lot of DJ Solo - Axis

Edit: It's not Eric B & Rakim, either "Pass The Hand Grenade" or "Casualties Of War" which is the one HMM probably meant

#5 - I agree with Selectabwoy that it's Paris - Make Way For A Panther, although that "Rest Assured" varient is actually used by a few tunes as it happens... So could be worth adding.

#12 - Quadrophonia - Man with the Masterplan

#13 - This is one I'm still wondering about. Is it really Tronik House - Up Tempo that is the original source for this?

There was something else about this, like I figured out what break it was based on or something...

Oh yes... I think it may well be Debbie Malone - Rescue Me, but at a really low bit rate + other messing

I noticed earlier in the thread mention of Specialjustin who was trying to figure on it... who cites a touch of Barry White in there also. I think he may be right!

#14 - Defo sounding a varient of the break used in Skanna - All You Wanted...

Hmmm I guess that would make it the think break then?

#22 Eze Ozo - How To Stay Alive

Nice one! Where is this clean in the track though, couldn't find it (i've heard this elsewhere too)

#27 - isn't this just Run's House reversed

Think HMM got this as 3rd Bass - Brooklyn Queens (Base Base Mix) above. Is reminicent of Run's House though. Any idea on the original source for the Gunshot tune?

#33 - Still wondering about this myself as "Roll On" was 1995 and this Shackle Me Not was released in 1993 so still a mystery!

#37 - Was this Paris - Escape From Babylon? I know HMM put it as "2nd gen Southside Movement - save the world" but wasn't sure

#38 - sounds like a varient of Bad Bascomb - Black Grass but might be wrong...

Ahh, correction. Is "I Wouldn't Change a Thing" by Coke Escovedo (thanks Mikhail Khaliulin :))

#41 - "Chosen Few - Funky buttercup (akai time-compressed I think)" << think that should be Kool & The Gang - Chocolate Buttermilk

#49 - some sort of varient of Fuzzy Haskins - The Fuz and Da Boog

Hey, thanks for the link!

That ridiculous site is saying "Hi there! We've detected that you're running an ad blocker." And then proceeds to jam my browser with full screen adverts. What a joke :rolleyes: (plus they ripped half their content from this site lol)

Couldn't see much there that wasn't here but was intrigued by this:

Earth People - Dance (Beats Version)

Don't think this appears in the list and I assume must relate to #19 which is actually Debbie Malone - Rescue Me. But it is used by Anthill Mob - Black Rushin i can confirm! So not a complete waste

So I've tracked down some details for #21 and am adding to the main forum now. Hold tight!

• 2 weeks later...

I have the feeling that this is also used in The Prodigy's Ouf Of Space. Can't quite put my finger on it :S

Nice one! Where is this clean in the track though, couldn't find it (i've heard this elsewhere too)

Found one that uses this, its Code 071 - Computerised Busness (Bayders Crew Mix) on this http://www.rolldabea..._vinyl/tov12001

I knew its one I've heard before, and I'm sure its in a bunch of others too. Might be worth listing it if we can find couple of examples?

Edit: And another - Peshay "Warning"

?

Couldn't see much there that wasn't here but was intrigued by this:

Earth People - Dance (Beats Version)

Don't think this appears in the list and I assume must relate to #19 which is actually Debbie Malone - Rescue Me. But it is used by Anthill Mob - Black Rushin i can confirm! So not a complete waste

So I've tracked down some details for #21 and am adding to the main forum now. Hold tight!

The same user (Mikhail) has already submitted to the site that it is a sample of 'Rescue Me', so why he has submitted a duplicate I don't know.

@mikee

Maybe, but unless I'm mistaken, that Octagon Man tune doesn't contain the exact loop that is in the 3rd Bass tune and 50 Breakbeats. So 3rd Bass may have sampled it and rearranged it, but it still makes 3rd Bass the more likely source used by Kniteforce. If the exact loop is in the Octagon Man tune, please supply a timing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ahh! interesting stuff Mikhail Khaliulin!

Seems like he's definitely given us a few leads there, here's what I can make of it...

6 - Addis Posse - Warriros dance (warriros workout mix)

Sounds like this one must be the J.F. & E. - Mystery 159 what he mentions...

However, as we know hardcore done a lot of sampling from each other, and something like this is really just gonna be yet another nth resample of the Addis Posse tune, which as we see is the one what HMM originally cites (nb. listed here http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=56674). Which itself is, of course, a rework of Ultra Magnetic MCs "Chorus Line" if i'm not mistaken...

14 - ???

DJ Trace - Rudeboy Hardcore

https://www.youtube....h?v=8jAdNc4c2_M

34 - ???

Caveman - Victory

https://www.youtube....h?v=fMKES-nT6KA

48 - Skooly D - PMC? I can never remember the name of this one

Like HMM points towards, it's definitely a rework of the Schooly D - P.S.K beat (nb. as listed here http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=38254) but yes does seems in this instance it's been sampled from the Masters At Work - Justa "Lil" Dope track

49 - ???

AWESOME 3 possessed obsessed mix 1991

46 - Ultramagnetic MC's - Chorus Line Part 2

I reckon this must be the loop as suggested being from DJ Excel - Just When You Thought It Was Safe

However, he does suggest it's two loops that's taken from that, so I'm assuming the other must be the amen at #4

NB. I've yet to check the Chorus Line connection properly - is it the original everyone samples from? Never quite confirmed on this... (nb. it's listed here http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=36987). It is possible that it's the Pt. 2 mix that gets used.

Not so sure about these other ones that were mentioned, so if any one else wants to take a closer look... :)

Automation - Espionage

AUTOMATION- Pacemaker (THE REMIXES)

https://www.youtube....h?v=1r7wFATNOMI

DJ Mink - "Hey! Hey! Can U Relate"

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

King Bee - Back By Dope Demand

'Think' break variation.

2:27

Ahh! number #26 in the list

Big tune

ones marked ??? need ID'ing, some need checking

26 - ??? Think break

Should have known that one lol

22 -

Caveman - You can't take it

https://www.whosampl...'t-Take-It/

Oh, good find!

Based around N.T. it would seem?

I have the feeling that this is also used in The Prodigy's Ouf Of Space. Can't quite put my finger on it :S

Found one that uses this, its Code 071 - Computerised Busness (Bayders Crew Mix) on this http://www.rolldabea..._vinyl/tov12001

Edit: And another - Peshay "Warning"

I'm sure it's been used a bunch of times even, something by Skanna maybe...

Could be worth adding as a main thread as it's quite distinctive