LTJ Bukem - Take Me Away

jj

Guest Guest

i missed these clips, is there any way someone can make 'em work again for me by chance?...

i'm particularly interested to hear the danny breaks atmospheric thing...

thanx...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Steve J
i missed these clips, is there any way someone can make 'em work again for me by chance?...

i'm particularly interested to hear the danny breaks atmospheric thing...

thanx...

(Haste/Logic: can send you these clips again if you can host)

Just to re-ignite this thread..... :-)

I mailled Bukem earlier in the year....

>

> The first one is a track I didn't release, haven't heard that for

> years, I

> called it something stupid like Atmospherical Jubilancy..

> The second piece is by Danny Breaks I think, also never came out...

>

> Peace

>

> Danny Bukem

>

he thought that clip 14 was an unreleased Danny Breaks.... well, not wanting to leave things at that, I mailled Danny Breaks earlier this week and sent him clip 14 which was originally from Nebkins (cheers Ben!)... AND i actually got a response...

> Hi Steve,

> I'm afraid thats not my creation, your search

> continues!!!

> Thanks for digging the beats.

> Word!

> Danny.

So, either Danny Breaks could be playing hard to get, has amnesia... ok thats all pretty unlikely... so it looks like:

bad news: still no idea what this clip 14 unknown is;

good news: it means it could still be out there and released!!

Steve J

I mailled Bukem earlier in the year....

he thought that clip 14 was an unreleased Danny Breaks.... well, not wanting to leave things at that, I mailled Danny Breaks earlier this week and sent him clip 14 which was originally from Nebkins (cheers Ben!)... AND i actually got a response...

> Hi Steve,

> I'm afraid thats not my creation, your search

> continues!!!

> Thanks for digging the beats.

> Word!

> Danny.

So, either Danny Breaks could be playing hard to get, has amnesia... ok thats all pretty unlikely... so it looks like:

bad news: still no idea what this clip 14 unknown is;

good news: it means it could still be out there and released!!

Steve J

Producers forgetting they made tunes does happen but as its Danny Breaks it's probably not the case.

I doubt this ever got released as I only heard Bukem & Peshay play this tune. I remember someone saying it's an Origination tune but I've never heard any other information about it since.....Bukem needs to have a search through his old dubplates. http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

First heard LTJ Bukem?s Take Me Away when Doc Scott rinsed it on BBC Radio One Breezeblock (Old Skool Jungle Special show in 2006). Instanly fell in love with the tune. I wrote to Doc Scott to get the LTJ Bukem "untitled dubplate" clarified he played an the show. He wrote:

"the track was unreleased and is known as

"take me away"

peace, scotty, 31. "

Has any one got a decent copy of it online? Would love to hear it again in it?s full length if possible.

EDIT: Sorry, the first link worked. Cheers!

Reeespek,

Frederik

Copenhagen Denmark

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...

BTW: If you can contact the artist and make enough noise about how much you like their unreleased toon, I think this helps a great deal. I got a response on Sound Cloud yesterday which is promising. I think if enough ppl contact him I could make a big difference.

--------

LTJ BUKEM

Me

Please release your track "Take Me Away" from 1993 on vinyl. It's extremely good. It's liquid funk before the term had been coined. Thank You.

Ltj Bukem

Yes there's a couple of those old bits that I will get around to releasing at some stage. Peace.

--------

• 3 years later...
I wouldn't be surprised that "Take Me Away" was either a collaboration with Trace or at least done at the same time as DJ Trace - Coffee, as they share a lot of elements from that (the same Pad) and "Teach Me To Fly" with the Plastic Jam Sindecut break and the other break underneath.