rolldabeats present 'A Decade In The Mix' - Part 1

thijs

• 2 months later...

Boh!

Looking forward to part 2!!

Doesnt anyone think the RDB box set is a good idea, once all the parts are done of course?

I work at a dubplication house and might be able to get some cd's run off dirt cheap.....

Great idea I reckon!!

:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.rolldabeats.com/label/reel_2_reel

vs

http://www.rolldabeats.com/search/title/we/are/ie

vs

tracklist of A Decade in the Mix:

07 Lenny De Ice - We ie - Reel to Reel [1991]

Possibly one of the original DnB Tracks? There's always been a mystery surrounding this track, When was it actually made? Who made it? but all just adds to how good it is!

so what do you know about it? for sure? label? artist?

Dark Matter was the 1998 rerelease of "We Are Ie" with UK garage mixes on the A side. The label certainly credits Lenny D Ice. Maybe artist name on the record should be changed, except for the "You're Kill In Me" track?

As well theres some confusion on whether the track was originally released on the Reel 2 Reel label or whether it was actually a seperate label - IE Records. I always understood it as beeing a Reel 2 Reel release.

Lastly there's some mention of Lenny D Ice apparently reckoning he actually done it back in 1989... :think: possibly an early mix with the "we are eeeeee" vocals but I doubt it was in the form we all know & love back then...

1991 is the release date

Yeah, that Dark Matter thing is wrong. It should be Lennie De Ice with Dark Matter as the remix artist on the non-original releases.

IE Recs is, bascially, Reel 2 Reel. But we put it as a separate label for those releases that feature the IE name on the labels.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the tunes ready but am in desperate need of decks (& headphones). If anyone can help the pleeeeeease get in touch with me.

I just moved this weekend and the decks are all packed up (I might even have to get rid of one of them) so the chances of this happening without the use of someone else's equipment are pretty much 0

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

If anyone wants to step in and take my part over then please do...it may well be the best idea for now!

Well, I'm still with part 4. I'd prefer part 2 (oh my god!!! the tunes that will be in that one!!!), but otherwise I'll stick with 4 (and Phokus... you still need some of the tunes I used?).

Should we take this into the mods part again??? Or leave it out in the open?

And Haste, if you ever get to the south of Holland, you can always use my decks :wink: