Public or Private Collection / Wishlist

thijs

Two new fields have been added to people's profile, which allow people to make their collection and/or wishlist public. I do have to mention that this does not mean it can actually be done yet. But hey, I had to start somewhere. :wink:

Side note: the default is to have both private. If you want your info to be public you will have to change your profile.

Two new fields have been added to people's profile, which allow people to make their collection and/or wishlist public. I do have to mention that this does not mean it can actually be done yet. But hey, I had to start somewhere. :wink:

Side note: the default is to have both private. If you want your info to be public you will have to change your profile.

One word: wicked! :D

• 3 weeks later...
Noticed this yesterday! :wink:

cool. I've only added 'my collection' for a few records, just to see if it works on this site. But in a couple of months when a lot of my busy schedule settles down, I'm really looking forward to going through the shelves, figuring out exactly what I have, noting it on rolldabeats, and then being able to subsequently generate wishlists and figure out gaps in my collection withou having to dig through crates all the time ! sweet! I'm loving the more interactive and collector-friendly rolldabeats features!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
ive made my wishlist public - please have a look at it and help a metalheadz addict out - peace :)

edit: can people look at other wishlists yet? if so how?

I don't believe this is functional yet. The options are merely there to be used for future development.

I amongst others am hoping that public collection & wishlist will come soon! :)

http://www.rolldabeats.com/wishlist/589/

it's just the user number at the end :)

Oh DUDE, I've been trying to figure out for agesssss how to do that! Never thought that the RDB guys would've coded the backend to interpret request-integrated URLs, that completely skipped my mind (and I've even designed sites which work in the same way, durrr)

so i take it this will be a tab in our profile/under our posts?

I hope so, maybe an addition of a button on the bottom of each of a user's forum posts (where the "report" and "top" buttons are at the moment, for example), or maybe the addition of a link underneath the username in the left column... Who knows.

The possibility of searching for a particular username in the main search box on the front page would be cool, I could choose "username" and type in mine or anybody else's username, and then have links to view their collection and/or wishlist, if their option is set to public. MMm, a man can dream...

I'm wondering why bbcode is disabled on the forum by default though (hence the [url= stuff coming up as raw text)...

• 8 months later...

Hi there

I was wondering if there was a place on the forum that I could post a message about records I have for sale.

I'm clearing out my collection of hardcore/jungle/dnb and so would like to give members here the heads up, as I probably have many that are on ppls wishlists.

cheers,

luke

• 1 year later...

I've been using RollDaBeats as a reference place for a couple years now & in the past month or so have started using more of the features. I've also used Discogs but this place being so DnB focused has really stood out for me. Loving the collection feature & being able to have it public is a biggie. I'll be building my collection over this year.

I have a thought but I'll post that in the comments/suggestions forum. Keep up the wicked work guys.

FuZion.

• 1 year later...