2 ids : Bailey 1997 - Darkness

eXtreme

i think you're right, forgot Warning had that same 'spider' sample as Predator.

i was actually referring to ID04 Outer Limits with the Peshay & Decoder comment. I think the wrong artist Outer Limits is linked on discogs. If you look at the CD version artwork you can see Peshay listed in the small print + in the German text, also mentions Decoder as the engineer.

arne90 from doa has done a translation on the section about Peshay :

Peshay bot uns sogar ein Exclusive für unser Album an, “Mind Over Matter”, das eigentlich als kommende Metalheadz-Single auserkoren war, so lange jedenfalls, bis Goldie ihn bat es gegen “Phobia”, ein Stück, daß er parallel dazu fertiggestellt hatte, umtauschen zu können. Und da B-Seiten bei Peshay immer relaxt und jazzy ausfallen (er selbst würde sagen musical), einfach weil ihm viel daran liegt Licht & Dunkel, Ruhe & Rage in die richtige Relation zu bringen, seine zwei verschiedenen Gesichter, war “Mind Over Matter”, ein wütend lospeitschender, düster schwärender Metalheadz-Prototyp plötzlich frei. Der andere Track aus Peshays Camp stammt von Decoder aus bristol, in dessen studio Peshay seine Musik produziert (oft hilt Decoder - Darren Beale - dabei als engineer aus) und ist als Erstveröffentlichung für peshays neues Elementz Label avisiert.

Peshay even offered us an exclusive for our album on, "Mind Over Matter", which was actually chosen as coming metalheadz single so long anyway, to Goldie him it asked to "Phobia", a piece that he had completed parallel to be able to convert. And B-sides at Peshay always relaxed and jazzy turn (he would say musical), simply because it much mind is light & dark, quiet & Rage to bring in the right relation, its two faces, was "Mind Over Matter "an angry lospeitschender, gloomy festering metalheadz prototype suddenly free. The other track of Peshays Camp comes from Decoder from bristol, in whose studio Peshay produces his music (often hilt Decoder - Darren Beale - here as engineer from) and has been announced as the first publication of peshays new Elementz Label.

seems 'Mind Over Matter' was possibly destined for Metalheadz with Phobia on the same 12"

seems 'Mind Over Matter' was possibly destined for Metalheadz with Phobia on the same 12"

The translated quote is a bitt off. The german text says:

Peshay even offered us an exclusive [tune] for our Album, "Mind over Matter", which was destined to become a forthcoming Metalheadz single. [There is a comma, but in the tranlation a full stop makes more sense!] Well, at least until Goldie asked him to swap it ["Mind Over Matter"] for "Phobia, a tune he finished at the same time.

The liner notes are not clear. Peshay gave "Mind Over Matter" to Goldie, but he liked Phobia more and both tunes are dark. "Mind Over Matter" was supposed to be the A Side and a "lighter" B-Side was supposed to be chosen later. So Mind Over Matter was released on the Downbeat in the Jungle Compilation. Phobia would've been released on its own on Metalheadz.

The Metalheadz release would've looked like this:

A. Mind Over MatterPhobia

AA. tbd

Edited by JVXP

• 4 months later...

In case I don't remember about it later, just noticed something interesting in that:

PHD & MC Conrad - Reminiscent Rhythms

http://www.rolldabea...t_grooves/ag001

is using the same sax solo as "Nevada"

And that would be the same as used in "Fight Them" also, that was previously known as ??? - "Find Me (Peshay Remix)" [Manifesto]

So I wonder what it is?

• 1 year later...

Peshay's 'Predator' got chosen by Drumsound & Bassline Smith for Friction's back of the stack track (old school classic) a while back. What is strange is the tune they played wasn't the one on METH026 but instead the same mix as the one on this Bailey mix.

It's at 1:44:24

https://www.mixesdb.com/w/2013-08-25_-_Friction,_Kove_-_Drum%27N%27Bass_Show