Artists track page

haste

Similar to the compilations topic I'm trying to think of different/better ways to list tracks for artists/people.

At the moment we just list the tracks as many times as they appear on all the releases in the database which to me is ugly and unnecessary.

http://www.rolldabeats.com/artist/dillinja

It certainly means that all the info is there but on pages like Dillinja's I feel it's way too much to take in.

Should an artists page only list the tracks once and then provide a way to see all the releases that each appears on? The new site features separate pages for each track (linked from anywhere the track name appears) with all related info (releases, videos, lyrics etc.) so is it enough to allow a link through to there to find releases or should there still be a way to get to them from the track listing page itself?

Pros of moving to listing each track name once

Much smaller page with easier to digest info

Far quicker loading times

Cons of moving to listing each track name once

No longer instantly able to update your collection (although this could be one click away).

No instant view of cat nos of releases that the track is featured on.

Perhaps harder to get track year (would need to look into this)

Both is an option but I'd prefer to keep it simple and offer one that people are happy with. The "+" symbol is definitely possible and is what I had thought about doing but was just wondering whether people would find this useful or not compared to the current layout

Doing both means more time spent on it and there's too much to do. We need to start picking one option over the other rather than just saying "do them both" or I'll be working on this site forever.

• 2 weeks later...