36 replies to this topic

#21 Retouch

Retouch

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yeah mate that Mr Voodoo wax is heavy and Da Henchmen lp is right @ the top of my list too... That is some of the wickedest sh*t but like you say the price tag is brutal and i'm not sure it wouldn't be a poor quality press to begin with. All those sealed copies about might be warped to f**k. I brought a well expensive 12 a couple of months ago sealed and it was warped bad.

All over chopped herring releases mate..Couldn't believe they are putting out the unreleased Minds of sol album just after i grabbed the OG. I take it you know about Dope Folks!? They have been putting out some wicked 90's stuff recently, Omniscience funky one liner last month :)

#22 Relm

Relm

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostRe-Touch, on 08 January 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Yeah mate that Mr Voodoo wax is heavy and Da Henchmen lp is right @ the top of my list too... That is some of the wickedest sh*t but like you say the price tag is brutal and i'm not sure it wouldn't be a poor quality press to begin with. All those sealed copies about might be warped to f**k. I brought a well expensive 12 a couple of months ago sealed and it was warped bad.

All over chopped herring releases mate..Couldn't believe they are putting out the unreleased Minds of sol album just after i grabbed the OG. I take it you know about Dope Folks!? They have been putting out some wicked 90's stuff recently, Omniscience funky one liner last month :)

Yeah your defo right about that Henchmen 12' What 12' did ya buy if ya don't mind me asking? Damn that is annoying about Minds Of Sol the next CH release is out this thurs @9pm. Yeah Dope folks have been releaseing some niceness as well really enjoying all these unreleased bits coming out. I wish it would happen with dnb ie tracks like D. Breaks - Crime Mutations, Optical - What's The Difference etc but i can't see that happening shame really. I hope herring will release Total Pack EP but i heard that cee style doesn't have the demo's anymore or something along those lines.

#23 Retouch

Retouch

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

The warped 12 was Greer Mentality. It cost me £170 never seen another copy of it anywhere before. luckily i managed to find a guy in Brighton who's got a really expensive record flattening machine who flattens wax for £10 a pop and he sorted it right out.

Yeah mate i dunno what CH is gonna drop this time but i know it's gonna be a killer. I'm pretty happy they dropped the album just after i got the 12 cause i've noticed the wants on discogs for the 12 have gone up already from the CH release being added so i can always sell it on.

Heres a couple of tracks off the Greer wax..Something about it man..It's cold as f**k!

#24 Retouch

Retouch

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Funny you say that about the unreleased jungle...I'm right on that tip @ the moment. I'm thinking about starting a label and releasing unreleased 90's stuff along with my own material.

#25 Relm

Relm

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Feeling that Greer defo up my street! Damn £170 that is crazy but i don't blame ya mate all about if ya really want it grab it. I paid £140 for the Mr Voodoo 12' never managed to get it when it was released. Start that label ya got to lol i'll defo be up for bagging the release's as and when they come. I thought about trying to start my own label releasing bits i always thought should have come out from producers i love but i have never had the money to do it. Hopefully one day tho.

#26 haste

haste

Knowledge provider

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9829 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostRe-Touch, on 08 January 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

Funny you say that about the unreleased jungle...I'm right on that tip @ the moment. I'm thinking about starting a label and releasing unreleased 90's stuff along with my own material.

We were gonna do this through RDB for a little while. Had a first release nearly lined up but, sadly, couldn't get everything finalised. Good luck if you're trying to get stuff off other producers to put out, we found it quite a chore! ;)
For anything to do with the site contact me using tom at rolldabeats dot com
------------------
wearelighthouse.com - Lighthouse London: my website design and development company
12in.ch - Photos of coloured vinyl, picture discs and all that stuff
mrhaste.com - A selection of random crap that I like

#27 Retouch

Retouch

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

I'm mainly focused on getting my own stuff pressed and pushing Dj Flash to get back involved. I can imagine it is often a right bastard to get stuff out from the oldskool lot but i'm keen to get this out:

#28 Retouch

Retouch

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

@ Relm i'm thinking that Danny Breaks track and the above John B joint would be one hell of a nice limited release ;)

#29 JVXP

JVXP

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

View Posthaste, on 09 January 2013 - 10:40 AM, said:

We were gonna do this through RDB for a little while. Had a first release nearly lined up but, sadly, couldn't get everything finalised. Good luck if you're trying to get stuff off other producers to put out, we found it quite a chore! ;)

Sounds like a good story. Would love to hear more about it... Was it more a technical chore or a more "personal" thing on the producer side?!

#30 Relm

Relm

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostJVXP, on 09 January 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Sounds like a good story. Would love to hear more about it... Was it more a technical chore or a more "personal" thing on the producer side?!

Me too! Would like to know more about it haste if possible.

#31 Relm

Relm

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostRe-Touch, on 09 January 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

@ Relm i'm thinking that Danny Breaks track and the above John B joint would be one hell of a nice limited release ;)

You'd certainly make my year if them two came out..

#32 haste

haste

Knowledge provider

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9829 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostJVXP, on 09 January 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

We were focusing on early to mid-90s stuff and had a few tunes from Dextrous on board and several others we were talking to. Many of the tunes we were after (we were picking our favs from the unreleased forum) had been lost, had issues relating to copyright/ownership or people were just not particularly up for bringing out. Added to that there was no massive financial incentive so you can understand why lots of the producers weren't overly fussed by it and didn't really have the time to devote to it.

Anyway, the plan was to have a series of limited vinyl releases and then a CD to follow later on. We had distribution deals lined up and nearly had the first 12" sorted but the lack of future stuff meant that we couldn't commit to it all.

Shame, really, would have been a nice little project. We may well pick up on it at some point but it was quite a lot of effort to get it all sorted and the site alone takes up enough of our time anyway!
For anything to do with the site contact me using tom at rolldabeats dot com
------------------
wearelighthouse.com - Lighthouse London: my website design and development company
12in.ch - Photos of coloured vinyl, picture discs and all that stuff
mrhaste.com - A selection of random crap that I like

#33 JVXP

JVXP

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

Ahh that's a real shame! I guess it all comes down to the money in the end.......

#34 dreadmeat

dreadmeat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:34 AM

I know it's a bit late but I just got another copy of Wormhole yesterday with the second disc, actually I got a few DNB CDs yesterday

B-)

#35 Dude111

Dude111

Music enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Hello everyone!!

A nice site here...... Wanna welcome everyone to this site as well as say hello myself :)

#36 Lixx

Lixx

Music enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:25 AM

Hi everyone, not sure how it took me this long to sign up for the site. I constantly use it to make sure tunes are what they are before buying under the various label discographies. My memory isn't as good at 46 as it was at 26 lol.

Actually I was cyber-stalking Haste after listening to his Skylarking & Till Infinity Ragga mixes. :P Great mixes! Hey I learned about Ron Tom - Revelation Chapter 2 via listening. What a tune! Haste you played Drinkland in NYC? I use to have a residency there but this was 2001-2002 with Egres. Small world.

#37 Nomad

Nomad

Music enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:22 PM

What's up, I'm Cameron Dry (DJ name Nomad)

I've been in the scene less than a year and I'm keen to learn all I can!
I'm based in Johannesburg, South Africa and I've signed two tunes to a local label.

I'm keen to get in touch with fellow DnB lovers around the world, my soundcloud is https://www.soundcloud.com/nomad_dnb Please send me yours and we can compare notes!

Best
Cam