Unreleased/Unsigned/Never-To-Be Released Dillinja

Endeva

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still insisting that there's an alternate, 'original' version of the 1999 released "Test Time", with a more melodical chimes intro (a la "lightyears") & a stripped down rhythm & b-synth section. But noone seems to know.... and I have no clip...

And which one is "gang bang"? I seem to remember some next '97 dub with some news vocal sample something about "kid lying dead on the sidewalk" or something...

@ logic - that link doesnt appear to work :(

@ Ornette, gang bang is basically a different version of stylebaby, im sure it was originally going to be on the flip of stylebaby (in the same fashion as u87/the way) but 'no food' is the flip instead

i hope 96 thing gets released

i remember a Bryan G show on Kool FM in 1996 where he played an hour of pure unreleased Dillinja :o

Bryan G said he had 100s of tracks on plate from 1994-1996, Wish i had recorded it. Remember him saying Dillinja was making a track per day & he was cutting them back then!

:excl:

i remember a Bryan G show on Kool FM in 1996 where he played an hour of pure unreleased Dillinja :o

Bryan G said he had 100s of tracks on plate from 1994-1996, Wish i had recorded it. Remember him saying Dillinja was making a track per day & he was cutting them back then!

:excl:

Holy Molly! :o

• 2 weeks later...

One tune I remember noting was a VIP mix of "All Aboard".

They used to have audio of this and 100's of other dubplates on the DOA site...

not too sure what ever happened to that section

[Logic edit: a new thread has been created for the All Aboard remix; find it here.]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
gang bang is basically a different version of stylebaby, im sure it was originally going to be on the flip of stylebaby (in the same fashion as u87/the way) but 'no food' is the flip instead

gang bang and style baby are really crap, no food is the best dillinja track since cybotron came out :)

I got a couple extra tunes to add to this.

First up is a tune I'm calling "Acid Killa"... Its from 1996 and as you will see, its kinda like a cross between "Acid Track" and "Violent Killa" (and prob. "Voice" too...)

I absolutely love this track

http://www.classifiedlistening.com/tarzanstuff/Dillinja%20-%20%27acid%20killa%27....mp3

Second is another tune from 1998. Its quite cool and not really much like his other Test type stuff of the time.

http://www.classifiedlistening.com/tarzanstuff/Dillinja%20-%20(unknown,%20valve%20%2798...).mp3

(Both tracks from JJF sets on Kiss FM)

EDIT: Fixed links to audio

Theorie,

You think the weird guitar noise is familiar? Hmmm. Well they do sound pretty familiar to me too but I never quite put a finger on it. Sub kicks riff is "Violent Killa", amens & bass synths like "Voice", general style like "Acid Trak". In fact JJF played "Acid Trak" right before this one, one after the other.

I really like this track, its got such a raw simplicity to it. Excellent as a DJ's battle tool - mash dem down!

• 1 month later...
I hope somebody's taping... i'm gonna be at work!!??

Check this part of the thread; I recorded it: http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?t...20&pagenumber=2

Erm... I, sort of, pressed stop just before he played an unreleased thing AFTER the mix though (the track after heavenly bass). :doh: But you can catch it on the BBC archive here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/1xtra_aod.s...a/intabeats_sun