Deep Blue - Helicopter Tune (2 Bad Mice Wings Of The Apache Mix) (December 1993)

haste

Its the original mix. Deep Blue gave it to Grooverider first in 1994, doubtful that it'd get played but, once he knew he was onto a hit after the rider was rinsing it, he flipped the mix about a bit. Heard this info from a recent Deep Blue interview; the one on DJ Flight's 1Xtra show I think.

Its the original mix. Deep Blue gave it to Grooverider first in 1994, doubtful that it'd get played but, once he knew he was onto a hit after the rider was rinsing it, he flipped the mix about a bit. Heard this info from a recent Deep Blue interview; the one on DJ Flight's 1Xtra show I think.

It's the original mix?

Well I know that I first heard "Fantasy #2" around Oct '93. Gachet used to play it down Lazer. I used to hate it.

I certainly got the SHADOW41 release in 1993, although I think I may have got it earlier than others... from my record wheeling-and-dealing mate who used to get all manner of stuff from under the counter at Blackmarket and elsewhere...

Maybe it is the original, and Grooverider is digging out his crates in that 1994 dated clip... :wacko:

Its interesting that there's another "Fantasy" tune been shown to exist, because I reckon there's yet another... I have this clip that has remained unknown for 13 years and thanks to Extreme, I actually now have a clip of it having lost my tape of it years ago...

What is this?:

deep blue unknown.mp3

Grooverider, Bukem etc. were playing all the tunes from SHADOW41 on dubplate July/August 1993. The only sets I heard Grooverider play the mix in that clip were from December 93/early 94 so I doubt it's the original.

I remember Si from 2 Bad Mice mentioning in a post on B2VOS about an unreleased tune they did for Grooverider back then. I may be wrong as it was about 2 years ago but I thought he said it was another mix of The Helicopter Tune.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

OK here's a better clip of that what I am convinced is another unreleased Deep Blue track!

Thanks to Siman91, who has thankfully uploaded his DJ Rap Kiss FM set that I knew I once recorded for a friend, with the nice long clip I was sure was there!

Interesting that DJ Rap does indeed tell us its a Moving Shadow track... this really is another "Atmospheric Jubliancy" for me - was something I was so waiting to come out, but never did... I wonder what happened with it? :think:

unknown Moving shadow - dj rap kiss FM 23-03-1994.mp3

• 3 weeks later...
OK here's a better clip of that what I am convinced is another unreleased Deep Blue track!

Thanks to Siman91, who has thankfully uploaded his DJ Rap Kiss FM set that I knew I once recorded for a friend, with the nice long clip I was sure was there!

Interesting that DJ Rap does indeed tell us its a Moving Shadow track... this really is another "Atmospheric Jubliancy" for me - was something I was so waiting to come out, but never did... I wonder what happened with it? :think:

That tune is ruff!

Why has Rap distorted her voice?! :blink:

Why has Rap distorted her voice?! :blink:

It's what happens when you put two stereo (or mono) tape channels into mono (or save it as an mp3 in mono) as the two side alter volume costantly being anologue and deteriation over years it can sound like wow and flutter when both sides put together.

• 8 months later...

as it happens ive got the tune in the clip on a plate and it has " si " written on it,gotta be simon from 2 bad mice...

can do a cleaner rip if needed ?

as it happens ive got the tune in the clip on a plate and it has " si " written on it,gotta be simon from 2 bad mice...

Oh gosh, herman8r, that would be awesome, i have been after this tune so long!!!!!

so it IS deep blue then!

damn, i should send him an email about it, what was that web site i saw of his not so long back... will look it up... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 8 years later...

deep blue - untitled

So I didn't even know this came out... hiding on the digi release only (wtf?) of 25 Years Of Metalheadz - Part 3 from feb this year

https://metalheadz.b...talheadz-part-3

I had it down as 'Juno' - it's actually called 'Jupiter', I knew they'd christened it after one of those Roland keyboards when Simon confirmed about it some years back on the B2VOS forum

What do you make of it Extreme, I just spotted it from you on my bandcamp feed, it's a complete remake like he later mentioned it would be