Unreleased Dom & Roland Tracks

Don Mafioso

I recently brought out my copy of Midnight Club for the PS2, and while playing noticed a few things about Dom's tracks featured in the game. While you know that Moving Shadow's release of MSXEP008 featured the songs Imagination, Skyliner, Soundwall, and Original Sin, there are a few minor, but also a few major differences between the two.

First off, Skyliner and Original Sin are for the most part, the exact same tracks featured on the vinyl, but Imagination seems to have a few little changes to it, the most prominent being the synth line at the very beginning, which plays throughout the whole song, unlike the original which only features it near the end (if I remember correctly).

The second big difference is Soundwall, which is almost entirely different from the EP version. In fact, I didn't even notice it was Soundwall until I checked the credits in the back of the instruction booklet. I actually can't decide which version I like better, they are equally nasty in comparison.

The third is the inclusion of a 5th track not found on the vinyl at all, titled Kaleidascope. I think it's a unique sounding track, and more softer sounding than Dom usually is.

• 2 years later...

here is a list unreleased dom and roland tracks that i am aware of

Dom & Roland - Sandgun VIP [from DNBA studio mix]

Dom & Roland - Menace VIP [from DNBA studio mix]

Signal To Noise (Dom & Dij) - Nanobugs (Dishing Dirt Mix) [from DNBA studio mix]

Dom (feat mc.Bas) - Skyliner (Vocal Edit) [from DNBA studio mix]

Dom & Roland - Can't Punish Me (Ragga Bass mix) [from DNBA studio mix]

Dom & Roland - Pod Race [from DNBA studio mix]

Dom & Roland - Aliens [from DNBA studio mix] [from Proto J - Dublates mix '06]

Dom & Optical - Untitled 1 [from DNBA studio mix]

Dom & Optical - Untitled 2 [from DNBA studio mix]

Dom & Roland - The Swarm 96/97 [from Dom & Roland Podcast ESP]

Dom & Roland - Revenge 1998 [from Dom & Roland Podcast ESP]

Dom & Roland - Zodiak 1996 [clip at doa]

Dom & Roland - Alien March 1997 [aka Mothership - Dom remix ] [from Dom - One in the Jungle mix 97]

Dom & Roland - The Trap 1997 [aka Flytronix - Ready Ta Flo (Dom & Roland Remix)] [clip at doa]

Dom & Roland - Dark Sky [from Clarky - Eruption FM 101.3 FM 1st April 1997]

Dom & Roland - Untitled "What are you afraid of?" [from Dom - Unit A mix]

Dom & Roland - Amen Ghetto (warehouse vip) [from Proto J - Dublates mix '06] [from Dom - Live on HeavyBag - 06/08/2007]

Bombscare - Dom remix [from Techitch @ LiveVevil mix]

Dom & Tech Itch - 2 Minds 1 Sound [from Techitch @ LiveVevil mix]

Dom & Roland - Keleidescope - was to be on Midnight Club soundtrack

The Syndicate (Dom & buddy) - We Call the Shots 2009? [from Dom & Roland Podcast ESP]

Techno City / Quadrant One

• 6 months later...

Is that not the Soundwall VIP mix you're talking about that came out on SHADOW156? I know thats the one heard on the Midnight Club 3 soundtrack

Dom & Roland - The Swarm 96/97 [from Dom & Roland Podcast ESP]

Dom & Roland - Dark Sky [from Clarky - Eruption FM 101.3 FM 1st April 1997]

These two are the same tune ;)

Are you sure there's no more duplicates in that list?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Proto J was someone who used to post around on the 'net several years back, from the US, and ran / involved in some nights over there, including one where they brought over Dom & Roland.

Not seen that mix around for ages though

Joseph was also involved in a filming a full feature-length amen documentary that unfortunately fell apart due to internal politics!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dom said he found the DAT for it and it will be getting a release.

https://www.dogsonac...4#post-11710715

Here's the Grooverider mix (The Edge Volume 2 Series 2).

01. Adam F - Circles (Remix) [section 5]

02. Dillinja - Silver Blade [Higher Ground]

03. Mystic Moods - Horn Fusion (Concept 1) [Mystic Moods]

04. Boymerang - Still [Prototype]

05. Doc Scott - The Unofficial Ghost [FFRR]

06. Adam F - Metropolis [Metalheadz]

07. DJ Die & DJ Suv - Get On Down (Delayed Mix) [V]

08. Lemon D - 12.01 [Valve]

09. Dom & Roland - Thunder [Moving Shadow]

10. Dillinja - Promise [FFRR]

11. Capone - Paradise [Hardleaders]

12. Dom & Roland - Tears In Rain [Dom & Roland]

13. Codename John - The Warning [Metalheadz]

14. DJ Krust - Jazz Note II [V]

http://www39.zippysh...7B3QN/file.html

https://dnbshare.com...e_Edge.mp3.html

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Dom said he found the DAT for it and it will be getting a release.

https://www.dogsonac...4#post-11710715

So, Life Line over there mentioning a couple of times wishing they could go back in time and grab a full copy of that 1ITJ show...

I noted Chris Marigold of Blu Mar Ten posted on facebook recently about a DVD archive copy they were able to get of the "Modern Times" documentary from the BBC

https://www.facebook...92608137525269/

Apparently, if you are a 'contributor'/feature in a programme ‎– radio or TV, you can request to be sent a copy for £80!

The most interesting part about it is if they accept, you can also request subsequent episodes of the same series all at the same time. Which means a single request could theoretically unlock the whole of 1ITJ

Perhaps you could pass the word over on the dogsonacid forum? Maybe Life Line could claim to be Roland or something

So, Life Line over there mentioning a couple of times wishing they could go back in time and grab a full copy of that 1ITJ show...

2 hour recording of the Dom & Roland - One In The Jungle show (not my rip so thanks to the person who ripped it)

http://www.mediafire...28csdw2l8b9i3v/

http://rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46521&st=100#entry152612

• 5 weeks later...

I noted Chris Marigold of Blu Mar Ten posted on facebook recently about a DVD archive copy they were able to get of the "Modern Times" documentary from the BBC

https://www.facebook...92608137525269/

Apparently, if you are a 'contributor'/feature in a programme ‎– radio or TV, you can request to be sent a copy for £80!

The most interesting part about it is if they accept, you can also request subsequent episodes of the same series all at the same time. Which means a single request could theoretically unlock the whole of 1ITJ

Perhaps you could pass the word over on the dogsonacid forum? Maybe Life Line could claim to be Roland or something

Hi Ornette,

Thanks for the info @arne90 sent me a link to the thread where I replied. Firstly that is great that someone taped the full two hours - he played some really cutting edge tunes for the last of his set then - really nice to know after all this time what they were!

I have flagged it up to Dom who is active on that thread first to see if he is interested in purchasing it and then I am sure several of us could contribute the relatively small amount necessary to cover his costs when divided between all of us. If Dom is not interested I would be happy to if he does not mind me posing as Roland lol!

Would be nice to get this in high quality. I was trying to see in the Blu Mar Ten Facebook post if the quality was substantially better, I imagine it should be if recorded in the studio. I was saying in the DOA thread that I walk past the BBC Archive Centre in Perivale, London every day and always wonder if the original 1ITJ recordings are sitting in some dusty archive there - would love to get hold them if they kept radio recordings from the time.

• 6 months later...