Urban Jungle

Gingermelv

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Vol 2

Fabio, Finn, Optical and Ray Keith are from Warning 8th December 2001

Not sure about Goldie, Bad Company, Rider or Hype

Volume 2 (8-Pack):

I don't think the Ray Keith set was recorded at that Warning event. It has Skibadee by himself as the MC and he doesn't mention the event, but Skibadee wasn't on the flyer for 8th December 2001, and the sound (EQ etc.) is different to the other Warning recordings on this pack.

Bad Company was recorded at Slammin Vinyl on 1st September 2001 (the set is the same as the one in the SV pack, just without the MC's)

Goldie also played at that event so I would assume his set is also from there (he didn't feature on the SV pack, but definitely played).

Hype was recorded at Slammin Vinyl on 10th November 2001 (the set is the same as the one in the SV pack, just without the MC's)

Shy FX was recorded at Big Bud ‘4th Birthday Still Smokin’ on 10th March 2001 at the Dance Entertainment Waterfront Complex, Toronto, Canada. The recording is the same as side A listed/linked on this page here:

http://www.torontora...com/jungle.html

The Grooverider tape is actually a Bad Company set recorded around the same time as the Bad Company set from Slammin Vinyl (1st September).

I've got these tapes as singles, and have tracklisted them here:

http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=69084

Volume 2 (8-Pack):

I don't think the Ray Keith set was recorded at that Warning event. It has Skibadee by himself as the MC and he doesn't mention the event, but Skibadee wasn't on the flyer for 8th December 2001, and the sound (EQ etc.) is different to the other Warning recordings on this pack.

Bad Company was recorded at Slammin Vinyl on 1st September 2001 (the set is the same as the one in the SV pack, just without the MC's)

Goldie also played at that event so I would assume his set is also from there (he didn't feature on the SV pack, but definitely played).

Hype was recorded at Slammin Vinyl on 10th November 2001 (the set is the same as the one in the SV pack, just without the MC's)

Shy FX was recorded at Big Bud ‘4th Birthday Still Smokin’ on 10th March 2001 at the Dance Entertainment Waterfront Complex, Toronto, Canada. The recording is the same as side A listed/linked on this page here:

http://www.torontora...com/jungle.html

The Grooverider tape is actually a Bad Company set recorded around the same time as the Bad Company set from Slammin Vinyl (1st September).

I've got these tapes as singles, and have tracklisted them here:

http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=69084

Ray Keith is definitely from a Warning event but I can't be 100% sure it's from 8th Dec. There is a reference to people still queing outside in the first few minutes and also echo on the mic throughout - could be this set was early in the night and may sound slightly different to those recorded later in the night?

Skiba bigs up Juiceman and Fatman D - are they on any of the other sets recorded at Warning on 8th Dec? It's a while since I listened to the other sets

Packs like this send my OCD into overload .. wish they would have just stated the event and date on the pack!!

Ray Keith is definitely from a Warning event (quite a few references to Cambridge from Skiba) but I can't be 100% sure it's from 8th Dec. There is a reference to people still queing outside in the first few minutes and also echo on the mic throughout - could be this set was early in the night and may sound slightly different to those recorded later in the night?

Skiba bigs up Juiceman and Fatman D - are they on any of the other sets recorded at Warning on 8th Dec? It's a while since I listened to the other sets

Packs like this send my OCD into overload .. wish they would have just stated the event and date on the pack!!

The references to Cambridge mean it's almost certainly from a Warning event. We've just got to figure out which one (to sort out the OCD! :lol:)

The MC's on the Warning 8th Dec tapes are mainly Navigator, Tenor Fly, Darrison and Dynamite, although Fatman D does feature for small parts too. No sign of Juiceman.

The tunes don't help us - the newest tracks on the set are the 2 off the Connexions EP, and that was released in Summer 2000, so the set could be as old as that (or older if he's playing them off plate).

There's also a distinct lack of warning flyers online. There's some from 2001 on borosix but you can't see the reverse to check DJ's etc.

Could be tricky to pin it down. I'll get that set in my car and have a proper listen over the next week or so.

The references to Cambridge mean it's almost certainly from a Warning event. We've just got to figure out which one (to sort out the OCD! :lol:)

The MC's on the Warning 8th Dec tapes are mainly Navigator, Tenor Fly, Darrison and Dynamite, although Fatman D does feature for small parts too. No sign of Juiceman.

The tunes don't help us - the newest tracks on the set are the 2 off the Connexions EP, and that was released in Summer 2000, so the set could be as old as that (or older if he's playing them off plate).

There's also a distinct lack of warning flyers online. There's some from 2001 on borosix but you can't see the reverse to check DJ's etc.

Could be tricky to pin it down. I'll get that set in my car and have a proper listen over the next week or so.

Just listened to the whole set and not made much progress. Around 41:45 Skiba says something like 'ready to blow 2-0-0-0' which suggests the set was recorded in 2000. He also says 'time to get grimey' (around 43 mins) on the intro to 31 seconds after it's rewound - when was this tune released/out on plate? Not sure if that's relevant.

At the end of the set Skiba says something like 'Skiba and Ray Keith ready to bounce', which suggests it's the last set Skiba is on for the night. Not sure what time it was recorded but Skiba also refers to people queuing outside near the start of the set. Maybe it was recorded early in the night and Skiba is only on this set?

Skiba makes quite a few references to 'jungle', 'memories' and 'going back'. Was Ray Keith booked for any 96 - 99 sets at Warning in 2000?

I can't find many Warning flyers online either. I will have a look to see if I have any ATM/K Mags in the attic from around 2000 to see if there are any Warning flyers/listings in them.

Volume Three (4-Pack):

Bad Company, Andy C and Hype were all recorded at Paradox ‘Unique Night’ on 12.10.2001 at Southampton Guildhall.

Total Science was recorded at Paradox ‘Kailash Part II’ on 16.02.2002 at Southampton Guildhall.

Grooverider was recorded at a Formation Records event in Leicester early 2002 – possibly Club Formation 23.02.2002 at Industria, Leicester (I can't find the reverse of the flyer to find out if Grooverider played that night).

Tracklist here:

http://rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69093

It’s a different set mate do you know the event info for Amazon 10 and 11?

I think it's from Amazon 11 pack. I don't think I could find a flyer or establish the exact date of the event but it was for the 'Inside The Machine' album tour. This was released in May 2001

A lot of Canadian flyers are available on The Vault forum but I could never find any for the nights @ Turbo in Toronto

I will double check what I'm saying tomorrow, need to check on my external hard drive. Unfortunately my memory is not what it used to be!

Just checked, this is the info I have for Amazon 10 and 11

Amazon 10 (not much info on this pack sorry)

Andy C @ 1 Nation & Warning 99

Bryan Gee @ 1 Nation & Warning 2000

Darren Jay & Swift @ 1 Nation & Warning 99

Fabio @ Warning 23 Oct 99

Hype @ 1 Nation & Warning 2000

Frost @ 1 Nation & Warning 2000

Finn @ 1 Nation & Warning 99

Nicky BM 1 Nation & Warning 2000

I can't be more specific with the dates. I have established those dates through listening to the sets, no confidence they are completely accurate. As Kryptonn said, Warning flyers are hard to find online so hard to verify.

Amazon 11 (even less info here!)

Andy C @ Ram night, Warning 2001

BC @ Turbo, Toronto, date unknown

Ed Rush @ ????, unknown date

Fabio @ ????, unknown date

Grooverider @ ????, unknown date

Optical @ Warning 2001

Randall @ Warning 2001

Ray Keith @ ????, unknown date

Not much help in the end!! I've listened to all the sets a few years ago and couldn't find any more info from the MC's