Studio 2 is not Shy FX

Matt

• 3 months later...

Well, I think in the past months in various articles (ATM, Knowledge) it was mentioned that Studio 2 was actually Shy FX (the Knowledge 10yr anniversary issue being one of them)... My mate Ash (who has been friends with Shy since childhood) has also mentioned a few times that "Dirty Games" was from Shy. And nobody followed up on the previous post.

So either Shy played a damn good trick in letting everybody believe it was his tune, or it simply is his.

I just dug out some old mags..

"The Informer" issue 5, 1996.

SHY FX Interview.

How did you get into producing?

I used to work as a sound engineer for SOUR and things just led on from there.

What was your first tune called, what label & how many did it sell?

my first tune was called 'Everybody needs Somebody' on a label called 'Permission to Dance' and ive no idea how many it sold.

What labels have you worked for?

Permission to dance, sour, dread, 3rd eye, chronic, subbase & ebony.

:?:

Guest monkfish
im sure its shy fx could b both if u listen to the production it sound like shy, but i had this argument with ed solo eons ago about pbb, so shy fx it could b, as its on his old school album without nutta as the 2 seperate promos 3 years prior had on it , i was told that the promos was pulled coz they hadnt payed the royalties to sour and would get find a grand for every one put out , i have 1 and have seen 2 others as it has mutant jazz on th bside as i still dont have the original, 4 track of dirty games came out erly 93 and the rare 2 track version has ja bless on the flip. if u know any 1 at jetstar like i did they have sum floating around in the wherehouse

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Funny I never saw this thread before.

I never ever thought that Studio II was Shy FX and I really wondered how the hell that rumour ever came about. Some over eager people out there. Its been going on for years and old rumours die hard.

I'm here cause I remembered to check the "Travelling Man" 12" by Studio II that came out back in 1998 - thought ther'd be a good chance it would have real name on there. But then I saw the other thread, Haste saying they're different.

Shy Fx's first tune may have been whatever, but I alwasy understood that "Gangsta Kid" was his final thesis/project/assignment for his sound engineering course and he got himself a release and record deal out of it! So very unlikely he could have ever done the subtle excellence of the two Studio II releases in that era...!

But while I'm here, here's some Studio Two info... oh hold on I'll put it here:

RDB Forum > Additions & Corrections > Artists > studio 2

I never ever thought that Studio II was Shy FX and I really wondered how the hell that rumour ever came about. Some over eager people out there. Its been going on for years and old rumours die hard.

I think it came about from this release:

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/ebony/ebrlp2

A lot of people seem to think that every tune on there is by Shy FX as it has 'Presented by Shy FX' all over it and no artist names.