Ghetto Rock

Logic

UPDATED 12/29/05

This should be associated with Jet Star.

I only have info on one release, and it's really confusing. I'm betting this label only has one jungle release, but that's just a guess.

As far as I can tell, it's actually this release on Street Tuff records, but with a few things changed on the label.

http://people.ku.edu/~cts/images/RST16-A.jpghttp://people.ku.edu/~cts/images/RST16-AA.jpg

A few noteworthy things:

First off, the cat# is RST16 (written just like this, not STR15 or STR16).

Secondly, there is a piece of tape on the A-side deliberately covering up words printed on the label that say "Jungle Rock", which unfortunately I couldn't get to show up in the scan.

The AA-side is also confusing. On this side, there's no tape, and the printing on the label clearly says "Jungle Deb". The catalogue number on the right-hand side of the label has permanent marker over it, but you can still make it out as "STR 15" (not STR16), which of course is the cat # of the Street Tuff release we already have in the DB.

Underneath the tracknames on both sides, the following is printed:

(Hiro + ExteremXS)

Dennis Brown

I don't know what all that means. I guess those are artist names?

So I guess the final release info on this could be something like this:

Label: Ghetto Rock

Format: 12"

Year: (prob 1995)

Cat #: RST16

Comments: Tape on A-side covering up the track name, "Jungle Deb." Permanent marker on AA-side covering up the cat. #: STR 15.

A) Hiro & ExteremXS feat. Dennis Brown - Jungle Rock

AA) Hiro & ExteremXS feat. Dennis Brown - Jungle Deb

I also scanned the cat#, for whatever it's worth: http://people.ku.edu/~cts/images/CatNum.jpg :lol:

Edited by Logic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Bump again to reflect some changes.

Thijs, I noticed you added this to the DB after I bumped it last night :lol:

I accidentally had the tracks mixed up. Could you please switch the A side with the AA (to reflect my newly edited post?)

Also add those lines in the "comments" if you wouldn't mind, and the label scans. Thanks :wub:

Also, maybe we should make a comment in the release on Street Tuff, if it actually exists???

Edited by Logic

Also, maybe we should make a comment in the release on Street Tuff, if it actually exists???

I can verify this for you when I get back home, but iirc they are two different records. And yes, Street Tuff Records #15, cat# STR15, does exist. It's a "Jet Star" style white label with the ink stamp.

I can verify this for you when I get back home, but iirc they are two different records. And yes, Street Tuff Records #15, cat# STR15, does exist. It's a "Jet Star" style white label with the ink stamp.

Cool, thanks for verifying.

Same tunes as the Ghetto Rock one, or different?

Cool, thanks for verifying.

Same tunes as the Ghetto Rock one, or different?

No problem.

I'm pretty sure they're different, but I'm not certain as I've only I listened to that Ghetto Rock record maybe once or twice, where I've listened to that Street Tuff record quite a bit. :ph34r: