Dj Vibes - Sing it Loud

fullspektrum

Can anyone work out the combination of breaks in this old classic?

I can hear three different breaks I think.

There is the first one that comes in at 0:31

Then a second, messier one gets layered at 0:42. This break plays on its own at 2:13

I think maybe another layer is added at 0:55. I'm not sure but the break seems to have a richer tone here.

and finally....

There is a tiny, higher break that pops in and out of the tune and it plays on its own right at the end at 5:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T53-Xl8pVwI

The easy one here is old wife beater Ike Turner & The Kings of Rhythm - The Funky Mule:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE7QDb8o8lM

I've heard the second break in loads of other places but can't place it at the moment. The third I have no idea...

Ah, this tune takes me back, there was a pirate station around here that cained this tune all through 93 and well into 94!!

Are you sure it's that? I can't hear where the loop that was lifted from the in Hot pants break.

The break in Sing it Loud and ? both have a double kick drum part. I know it could have just been edited that way but the break in Sing it Loud and in the ? Volume 1 have identical patterns which make me think it might have been a different break.

The hot pants hats also sound to tidy to be this break.

Any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...