Home page activity feed

haste

Just a quick questions for all of you. At the moment the home page feed displays every release added to the site on all formats. This includes all new releases but, as you may well have seen, lots of back catalogue digital and physical releases.

There's a lot of stuff going up on a daily basis and even though we've found a way to moderate exactly what does go in and keep it relevant there is still a lot being added, far more than ever was before on the site. This is mainly to do with the fact that we are putting far more digital releases in than before.

My question is should this feed just include new releases or is having a record of absolutely everything that's been added useful/wanted? Do people want to see digital releases here at all?

I think it's largely fine as is - much more dynamic than the old site, and will hopefully get people coming back. Although I'm not sure we need to show every time an image is added (especially as they're generally added at the same time as a new release, so we have two or three lines of additions for the same release).

One more question about this. I'm about to add a feature to allow people to add release variations to existing releases. It's a pop up that means you can quickly duplicate a release and add a promo/test press/repress 12" or add a CD or digital version of that release. At the moment these are appearing in the activity feed too. Should they be?

Bear in mind that there are likely to be a lot of these going up in the short term as I'll/we'll be adding lots of promo versions for back catalogue releases. I'm thinking that it may be best to hide these for the time being