Idea......

Soundbwoy

One of the big problems is that there are a few oscillators which have a different sound. But most synths with a certain oscillator sound alike. The Juno 6, Juno 60 and Juno 106 all sound the same. The Juno 1 and Juno 2 are more digital so sound different. Korg sounds different, but the Korg Poly synths sound alike.

Also, the Mentasm sound should be a factory preset "What the" on the Alpha Juno 2... but I couldn't find it... (though other sources say it's from the Juno 1).

The Robin S bass is from the Yamaha DX7, but only the MKII version.

Next to that the old synths don't have presets! And we have digital versioons of classic synths.

And for example, Isotonik's "Different Strokes" just plain samples Mentasm.

So I think in most cases it's just not possible to properly identify a sound. Especially if used with a lot of fx.

One of the big problems is that there are a few oscillators which have a different sound. But most synths with a certain oscillator sound alike. The Juno 6, Juno 60 and Juno 106 all sound the same. The Juno 1 and Juno 2 are more digital so sound different. Korg sounds different, but the Korg Poly synths sound alike.

Also, the Mentasm sound should be a factory preset "What the" on the Alpha Juno 2... but I couldn't find it... (though other sources say it's from the Juno 1).

The Robin S bass is from the Yamaha DX7, but only the MKII version.

Next to that the old synths don't have presets! And we have digital versioons of classic synths.

And for example, Isotonik's "Different Strokes" just plain samples Mentasm.

So I think in most cases it's just not possible to properly identify a sound. Especially if used with a lot of fx.

The mentasm and charlys hoover are the 'what the?' preset on the alpha juno, its under fx and is tweaked a little bit aswell. Im sure its the juno 2 but if you looked and it wasnt there it must be the juno 1....

The reason I suggest this is its a commonly sought after source of info that currently isnt catered for by any websites. I think a reasonable database could be achieved by simply contacting the artists, for example i talk to rudeboy keith a fair bit lately and know Luna-c fairly well so im sure we could get a good start.

My friend Darkus from hardcore projektz also speaks to Austin and Orca a fairbit for example so I could get some more info there. Ive noticed Serum uses this site and speaks to Ray keith which is another good lead..... Between us im sure something could be done, although not as deep as the sample section it would be a very nice source of information.

Leaves the fact that synths like the Juno-6/60/106 don't have presets!

I once copied the sliders from a Prodigy Studio pic and got some known strings. But it isn't a preset!

And I think a LOT of people sample from sample CD's or other artists. Basically the same as with normal samples.

But some input from others is welcome here.........

Leaves the fact that synths like the Juno-6/60/106 don't have presets!

I once copied the sliders from a Prodigy Studio pic and got some known strings. But it isn't a preset!

And I think a LOT of people sample from sample CD's or other artists. Basically the same as with normal samples.

But some input from others is welcome here.........

Yeah I think you're right mate. Would be nteresting to see others views but I think it wouldn't be possible tbh :(

Do you happen to know any synths used in jungle then, that would be a help to me as i've sold a virus c in order to get some more retro synths and racks. I recognise loads of M1 presets from omni trio I reckon that must have been one of the staple synths for sure so i picked up an m1r......