20 replies to this topic

#21 lifeline

lifeline

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:33 AM

View PostOrnette, on 08 December 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

So, Life Line over there mentioning a couple of times wishing they could go back in time and grab a full copy of that 1ITJ show...

I noted Chris Marigold of Blu Mar Ten posted on facebook recently about a DVD archive copy they were able to get of the "Modern Times" documentary from the BBC
https://www.facebook...92608137525269/

Apparently, if you are a 'contributor'/feature in a programme ‎– radio or TV, you can request to be sent a copy for £80!

The most interesting part about it is if they accept, you can also request subsequent episodes of the same series all at the same time. Which means a single request could theoretically unlock the whole of 1ITJ

Perhaps you could pass the word over on the dogsonacid forum? Maybe Life Line could claim to be Roland or something

Hi Ornette,

Thanks for the info @arne90 sent me a link to the thread where I replied. Firstly that is great that someone taped the full two hours - he played some really cutting edge tunes for the last of his set then - really nice to know after all this time what they were!

I have flagged it up to Dom who is active on that thread first to see if he is interested in purchasing it and then I am sure several of us could contribute the relatively small amount necessary to cover his costs when divided between all of us. If Dom is not interested I would be happy to if he does not mind me posing as Roland lol!

Would be nice to get this in high quality. I was trying to see in the Blu Mar Ten Facebook post if the quality was substantially better, I imagine it should be if recorded in the studio. I was saying in the DOA thread that I walk past the BBC Archive Centre in Perivale, London every day and always wonder if the original 1ITJ recordings are sitting in some dusty archive there - would love to get hold them if they kept radio recordings from the time.