Jump to content


Unreleased Full Cycle (Roni Size, DJ Die, Krust, Suv)


  • Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#101 arne90

arne90

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

I've heard "turn back before", managed to track down where. Grooverider played it, last tune from his 31st october 1998 show.
https://www.mixesdb....N'Bass_Show

That intro makes me think of Krust. Whatever it is wish I could hear it in full.

#102 arne90

arne90

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostOrnette, on 08 May 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

I have a mix of Krust "Witchcraft" on dubplate, titled "Deadly Affairs" as per what Jumping Jack Frost called it when he played it on Kiss at the beginning of 1998...

well it seems to have a longer intro / build up than the released mix

I've yet to check it properly though

Is it possible to get a clip of this?

#103 arne90

arne90

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

View Postdest, on 11 May 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

DJ Suv - Output remix (Not the one that came out a few years ago)

Is this the one you mean? In here 1999-11-27 - Bryan Gee @ Engage, DC Armory, Washington D.C. @ 67 minutes
https://www.mixcloud...vember-27-1999/

#104 Ornette

Ornette

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3605 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:11 AM

View Postarne90, on 11 November 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Is it possible to get a clip of this?

Yeah its on this, Jumping Jack Frost - 02.01.1998
I've got clips / extra tracks for this one, so when I get round to it I'll sort it out


View Postarne90, on 19 July 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

View PostOrnette, on 15 July 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:


That intro makes me think of Krust. Whatever it is wish I could hear it in full.

Yeah I agree it sounds like Krust, also I felt the 'krust maybe' clip too as sounded a bit similar sort of to "Warhead", or "JAM", but listening now it has I suppose a bit of a similar sound to "Trouble", so maybe Roni and Die
Reckon the first one is Krust as well though, still

#105 Ornette

Ornette

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3605 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:22 AM

About that tune that's labelled "Dubplate" in the 1993 section, from the Quest 'Groove Connection Party' - 16.10.1993 double pack

Roni Size - Dubplate | SoundCloud

to be honest that just sounds to me like an alternative mix down of "The Refresher" with couple of 'dubplate' vocals & extra samples later used in "Warning". Any particular reason for labelling it that?


also this:
Roni Size & Reprazent - Share The Fall (Instrumental Mix) | SoundCloud

is in the wrong section, is really 1996 (not '97)

#106 jj

jj

    Knowledge provider

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7014 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:14 PM

View PostOrnette, on 07 December 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

About that tune that's labelled "Dubplate" in the 1993 section, from the Quest 'Groove Connection Party' - 16.10.1993 double pack

Roni Size - Dubplate | SoundCloud

to be honest that just sounds to me like an alternative mix down of "The Refresher" with couple of 'dubplate' vocals & extra samples later used in "Warning". Any particular reason for labelling it that?

It's only labelled like that as that's the title written on a couple of the dubplates. The earliest Bryan Gee sets it's on are from October 1993, so it was probably made after The Refresher was released. If some more Roni Size Raw FM shows from 1993 surface we may get confirmation about track titles.

#107 jj

jj

    Knowledge provider

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 7014 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostOrnette, on 07 December 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:


Roni Size & Reprazent - Share The Fall (Instrumental Mix) | SoundCloud

is in the wrong section, is really 1996 (not '97)

Even earlier than 1996 - Bryan Gee played it in some November 1995 sets.

#108 Ornette

Ornette

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3605 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

View Postarne90, on 23 March 2017 - 12:04 AM, said:

1999

DJ Krust - Unknown (from the same dub as the Re-Arrange remix; very much in the Coded Language LP mould)


This?

krusty.mp3

#109 futureisbyzantine

futureisbyzantine

    Music enthusiast

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Anyone know this? Roni Size/Reprazent - 'Personal' (1997?)

On a dubplate with other tunes that were slated to be on Talkin Loud's '21st Century Soul' comp. Maybe it's just a more well known track under another name, anyone know?

https://soundcloud.c...razent-personal

#110 arne90

arne90

    Knowledge provider

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

View PostOrnette, on 08 December 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

This?

krusty.mp3

Not sure, I've messaged studious (he added that one) about this, but he hasn't replied yet.

View Postfutureisbyzantine, on 19 December 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Anyone know this? Roni Size/Reprazent - 'Personal' (1997?)

On a dubplate with other tunes that were slated to be on Talkin Loud's '21st Century Soul' comp. Maybe it's just a more well known track under another name, anyone know?

https://soundcloud.c...razent-personal

hmm, I don't recognise this.

#111 studious

studious

    Music enthusiast

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

Yep, this is the one.

#112 eXtreme

eXtreme

    Knowledge provider

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2327 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:19 PM

Clip taken from a Flynn & Flora One In The Jungle Show : http://rolldabeats.c...100#entry154193

DJ Krust - Unknown Title [November 1997]
https://soundcloud.c...e-november-1997