Winston Scotland - Buttercup [clip]

maxstile

0.00 - 0.04

"if your heart desire, i will set your soul on fire"

i know the tune this sample was used in, but can't think of it. can someone help with this?

Used in DJ Dextrous & DJ Ren - Rapid [suburban Base] (thanks Logic)

1.19 - 1.24

(I can't speak Jamacain Patois like Haste, so maybe he or someone can step in here)

"? me yourself yout man, screw up yer face an u gwan like. play back the music from the top Mr. T"

Used in Brainkillers - Screwface [Kemet]

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/kemet/km3rd1ep

(temporary link to song - will be sent to rdb and chopped up in the next few days)

http://media.putfile.com/12---Winston-Scotland---Buttercup

nice one fellas. and cheers for the first ID Logic.

I'm sure i remember reading the lyrics for the brainkillers tune on here in the past, so that's why i thought this thread had already been done, i guess that was in a diff forum.

p.s. what is the best way to send this tune to rdb? as the 2 samples are at the start and in the middle, shall i leave it as the full tune? shall i lower the bitrate b4 sending?

For the clip, it's up to you. I made a clip for a tune where the two relevant samples were several minutes apart -- for that tune, I just faded out after the first sample, cut the other stuff out, and faded back in for the other sample. Prob better to do this (or submit a long clip) than to submit multiple clips

I checked the lyrics thread when I saw your post. "Look here say yout man" makes sense, but it's definitely not what he's saying on the clip

Two clips will do. The way I'm thinking of doing the sample clips means that we could have multiple clips, one for each tune that uses the sample. The best thing to do would be to mail the clips to our gmail account - rolldabeats at gmail dot com

Nice one :biggrin:

I guess we just leave the lyrics as "??? me yourself yout man" as I can't get that first word

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
"If your heart desire, I will set your soul on fire"

Is from DJ Dextrous & DJ Ren - Rapid [suburban Base]

Not sure what he's saying from the Brainkillers sample, sounds like "hook me yaself youtman" :laugh:

Nice spotting though :cool:

I have a strong feeling that it is "hook me yourself youtman". The reason is that there is a tune by Ron Wilson & Winston Scotland called "Hook yourself Youthman"

but there is definitely a "me" included in the DJ talk.

cheers 4 all,

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...