Safe + Sound 'The Event Horizon' - 20.12.1997 & 24.01.1998 (Happy Hardcore 12 Pack)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 mr_rush

mr_rush

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 06:43 AM

I also have this pack , thanks for the clarification on playlist & DJ Sets Kryptonn m8 :)

#22 djy8c

djy8c

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1758 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:48 PM

View Postdjkryptonn, on 03 July 2017 - 10:21 PM, said:

Shiney – recorded at Safe & Sound ‘The Event Horizon’ 24.01.1998

Shiney

B4) ?   (?? When my love comes down, will you still be there, promise life, promise love, promise anything you want baby I don’t care ??)

This will probably be Motiv-8 - Break The Chain (Slammin' Vinyl Mix) [WEA]

#23 djkryptonn

djkryptonn

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2870 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:29 AM

View Postdjy8c, on 04 July 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

This will probably be Motiv-8 - Break The Chain (Slammin' Vinyl Mix) [WEA]

Already ruled this one out earlier in the thread (see below). Personally, I've never heard the version that Shiney plays before.

View Postdjkryptonn, on 03 July 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

I've updated the DJ Skinner ID. I've trawled through the Stompy back cat a few times recently and I don't remember a track with the lyrics in B8, but I could be wrong. Shiney B4 has the same vocals as the Break The Chain track but isn't the Slammin Vinyl version - it's a much later stompier version.

#24 Ian_s

Ian_s

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7431 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

AS delight said it could be Tap-It & B&H - could it be their tune Promised Land?? No audio so can't check, and a bit of a longshot.

#25 djkryptonn

djkryptonn

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2870 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

Does anyone want to have a bash at the remaining ID's for Seduction, Shiney, Sy & Unknown, Unknown DJ?

Audio here to save me singing any more lyrics :lol:  - https://www.mediafir...wp/Safe_&_Sound

#26 djy8c

djy8c

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1758 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

Breeze & CJ Glover 2

B8) JHAL - Without You [Remix Records]

#27 djkryptonn

djkryptonn

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2870 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:45 AM

View Postdjy8c, on 07 July 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

Breeze & CJ Glover 2

B8) JHAL - Without You [Remix Records]

Thanks. Updated.

#28 djkryptonn

djkryptonn

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2870 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:08 PM

Breeze & CJ Glover 2

B7) DJ Storm - Drumz In Da Muzik [Infinity]

Credit DJ Delight for the ID

#29 mr_rush

mr_rush

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:01 PM

Posted Image

#30 Dempo

Dempo

Music enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:40 PM

Breeze and CJ CLover Set 2 A4) = Trickster - Reality

desperate to find B6 if anyone can find that. Also do you have an mp3 rip of this set?

#31 djkryptonn

djkryptonn

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2870 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:03 PM

View PostDempo, on 13 September 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

Breeze and CJ CLover Set 2 A4) = Trickster - Reality

desperate to find B6 if anyone can find that. Also do you have an mp3 rip of this set?

Thanks very much for the Trickster ID. I've updated the TL.

There's a mediafire link further up in the thread which has the mp3 for sets which still need ID's.
http://rolldabeats.c...=20#entry144529

#32 Dempo

Dempo

Music enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:28 PM

ok that is not an unknown DJ that is Breeze and CJ glover. 100% I have spoken to MC whizzkid about this set before because I have it where the set carries on way past this where you are at, after the Jhal track it goes to the two MC's - Scratching then the Silk Cuts Bellisma and that's where MC Whizzkid comes on and several times rhymes about DJ Breeze and CJ Glover "Rocking the room" and Whizzkid remembers this set really well he even remembers where it was at.

#33 Dempo

Dempo

Music enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:31 PM

and if I remember rightly after bellisma it goes to steam train, the things is, my tape pack was blue not red, but the exact same sets.

#34 djkryptonn

djkryptonn

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2870 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

Thanks for the info. Is that Breeze & CJ Glover set from the January 98 event? I'm guessing so because CJ Glover wasn't on the December flyer.

Interesting to know there's another version with a blue inlay. Do you still have the pack?

#35 Dempo

Dempo

Music enthusiast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:47 PM

hi mate, I don't but there was a website knocking about awhile ago that had converted tape packs to the CD pack and I did buy it again as a CD pack and the disk with how I describe the mix is in there. so I am guessing the tape packs ended up being a mash up of two different tape packs some how? its happened before in skelter packs I have so it wouldn't surprise me

#36 djkryptonn

djkryptonn

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2870 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 11:45 PM

View PostDempo, on 13 September 2017 - 10:28 PM, said:

ok that is not an unknown DJ that is Breeze and CJ glover. 100% I have spoken to MC whizzkid about this set before because I have it where the set carries on way past this where you are at, after the Jhal track it goes to the two MC's - Scratching then the Silk Cuts Bellisma and that's where MC Whizzkid comes on and several times rhymes about DJ Breeze and CJ Glover "Rocking the room" and Whizzkid remembers this set really well he even remembers where it was at.

View PostDempo, on 13 September 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

and if I remember rightly after bellisma it goes to steam train, the things is, my tape pack was blue not red, but the exact same sets.

View PostDempo, on 22 September 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

hi mate, I don't but there was a website knocking about awhile ago that had converted tape packs to the CD pack and I did buy it again as a CD pack and the disk with how I describe the mix is in there. so I am guessing the tape packs ended up being a mash up of two different tape packs some how? its happened before in skelter packs I have so it wouldn't surprise me

Tracked the other tape pack down and you're spot on Dempo - there's a full 90 minute set from Breeze & CJ Glover including Whizzkid and all the tracks you quoted. Comes in a blue case too. Now listed here - http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=69395

#37 djy8c

djy8c

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1758 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 05:43 PM

Shiney

A1) Charly Lownoise & Mental Theo – Your Smile (Radio Mix) [Urban]
A5) Sy + Eruption - Subsonic [United Dance]

Vibes 1

A3) Phase vs. DJ Sniper Feat. Karen - Forevermore (5am Mix) [Sonic-Boom]