"More Bass" Finn & Hype remix???

R-Hawk

rolldabeats db item

See above link for db entry...

I think the artist should be "The Fugees feat. Busta Rhymes". When I bought it, the rumour was that it was remixed by Mickey Finn and DJ Hype, but I never read a review that supported that claim, so it sounds a bit far fetched to me.

Cheers,

Rob

Discogs db Entry

Thanks for updating the db with my information!

I would agree with the above Discogs information that the track name should be "Rumble in the jungle".

Interesting... Whoever entered the item reckons that Goldie did the remix??!! Doesn't sound like his style at all.

I was trying to think why the cat no. would be FATTP and thought it could possibly be "Fugees And The Tru Playaz". That would make it more likely that it was a Hype and Zinc remix than a Hype & Finn one - who knows?!

Cheers,

Rob

• 2 years later...

I am actually wondering why this really made it to the data base in the end. Track info given in RDB is:

The Fugees - Rumble In The Jungle (DJ Hype & Mickey Finn More Bass Mix)

But as we can see from R-Hawk's post this is pure guessing, and IMHO really far fetched as the mixes don't sound in the leastest like Hype or Mickey Finn. As long as nobody can verify the remixer I would enter it simply as

The Fugees - Rumble in the Jungle (Drum & Bass Remix)

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/white_label/fattp010

I have this and it doesn't sounds anything like Hype & Finn. At the time I heard that it was a Krome & Time remix but didn't believe that either.

There's no point going on guesswork with cat nos for this kinda thing. It should go in as Sven has said with no named remixer, I reckon

Krome and Time did do a drum and bass remix of Fugee la in early 1997 it was a white label with no writing on. The B side was good, and had a hip hop sample that said "As the world turned I learnt life was hell." I have noticed it is not on discogs or Roll da beats so it must be rare, I picked it up in Replay in Bristol around March 1997. The only thing that said it was Krome and Time was the white sticker that Replay put on the display sleeve.

As for Goldie he did a one sided 10" version of Fugee la and cleared the sample. I personally reckon the Rumble in the jungle was done by Hype and Finn, because it sounds like a cross between both their styles. The West coast Dr Dre syth sounds like Hype and the beats and bass line sound like an Urban Takeover record.

This one, perhaps?

Yeah it must be this one. I'll dig it out and check the markings on it.

I can confirm that it's this one.

It has the "As the world turned I learnt life was hell." sample on the B-side.

The A-side is a good remix as well IMO.

I can confirm that it's this one.

It has the "As the world turned I learnt life was hell." sample on the B-side.

The A-side is a good remix as well IMO.

Cool thats another track ID'd. We just have to find out who was behind Rumble in the jungle now. I just digged it out the Krome and Time Fugee la remix, and the etchings read on the A side 0M 1 AA - 01 - 1 - and on the B side 0M 1 A - 01 - X 1 -. Also the 12" vinyl is extremly thin.