AZ1

Logic

• 2 years later...

A. DJ Dextrous feat. Irini - Jungle Love Part 1

B. DJ Dextrous feat. Irini - Jungle Love Part 1 (alternative mix)

I have a stamped WL copy of this with "Jungle Love Part 1" stamped on and on the bottom of this is stamped "DJ D", so that title would make more sense.

Also, it should be noted that this has RITJ1 (A side)/RITJ001 (B side) etched in the vinyl but crossed out (possibly standing for "Rumble In The Jungle"?). Funny how this release and it's Part 2 release on Land of the Giants have a crossed out catalogue number in the etching.

Yeah STG I noticed that about the RITJ etchings... although the etching on the part 2 release looks like just a handwritten mistake - GTOL903 instad of GTOL930

The track naming you suggested is perhaps more correct, although I resisted that because that would make B2 on GTOL930 look horrible -

"Jungle Love Part 1 (alternative mix edit)"

?

Hmm, curious that you think the second mix on that Land of the Giants release is a Part 1 mix as I'm doing this from memory now, I always thought they were pretty different. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

There's no need for all this extra complication!

Except... he's 100% right about this.

First, I gotta say, nice catch Ornette. But there are two small differences: first, there is a small vocal bit at the very beginning of the track on GTOL930, and it's obviously cut off on GTOL930 where it would continue on AZ1. But otherwise it's identical, right down to an oddly muffled part of an Irini vocal towards the end of the tune.

I think calling the second track of the A Side of GTOL930:

DJ Dextrous feat. Irini - Jungle Love Part 1 (alt. mix, edited)

or

DJ Dextrous feat. Irini - Jungle Love Part 1 (B side mix, edited)

Or at least some reference in the notes that this mix on Land of the Giants is originally the B Side to AZ1, slightly edited would be correct, simply to clarify that this is that same tune, but slightly different thus adding "Edit".

Edit: sorry that I jumped your post there Ornette, haha. Saw you posting during the preview.

• 3 weeks later...