Blackstar jungle track?

djkryptonn

• 2 months later...

I don't think this is the Rebel - he showed more respect to his sample sources. This is just a mess. I guess it's a mash-up that somebody threw together with Congo Natty scraps and some other typical 94 sounds.

Can't really understand all that the DJ says, but he says "Black Star Liner", which can refer to someting entirely different than Blackstar aka Rebel.

I know exactly what you mean by it sounding like a mess, but I think DJ Chase says "rolling out the Blackstar like this, 4 wheel drive" over the start, and then "straight to the inside edge with the Blackstar, and into this" when he mixes out of it and into the SS tune.

I'm wondering if it's either on the Blackstar album from 95 (Tribute To Haile Selassie I), as I can't find audio for all the tracks. Or is it one of the latter released Congo Natty vinyls from the 2000's, when they released quite a lot of old tracks / unreleased tracks / remixed tracks.

• 5 weeks later...

I've got that Tribute To Haile Selassie I from 1995 and can confirm that this is not it it.

I'm a bit of a DJ Chase fanboy lol and have listened to hundreds of his sets and he only plays tunes from back in the day 88 - 97 ..I don't think he he even owns tunes past then.

Saying that he does own loads of dubplates and have heard him buss a couple of unreleased Congo Natty ones before.He also tends to call anything Rebel MC/Conquering Lion ect.. Blackstar.