The Skeleton Krew - Luv Ta Luv Ya [CLIP]

stenny

Break name: Luv Ta Luv Ya

Artist: The Skeleton Krew

Track name: Luv Ta Luv Ya

Label: Skeleton Recordings

Cat number: SKEL001

Year: 1992

Examples: Q Project - Night Moves; Rus De Tox - Heavenly Body; N.W.1 - Gangster Lean; DJ Rap - Switch

Notes: Uses the 'Think' break + unknown latin percussion loop + (possibly) the 'Funky Drummer' break

Clip here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think the Express Yourself remix is used in the original "Luv Ta Luv Ya", although yep it is in the remix. Its defo not in the 'break' described here.

The remix has a clearer hearing of one of the unknown percussion loops overlayed on top, let me see if I can do a clip

• 4 months later...
DJ Seduction - Sub Dub

interpolates it with the Runs House break

AHA yes! i come from the backtotheoldskool forum, i recognised it as the subdub beats straight away too! could some one please email or PM me with a better mp3 or a .wav of the first half of this clip! thanks!!!

• 3 months later...
AHA yes! i come from the backtotheoldskool forum, i recognised it as the subdub beats straight away too! could some one please email or PM me with a better mp3 or a .wav of the first half of this clip! thanks!!!

bump, has anyone got a clean version of this break? pm please please :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Notes: Uses the 'Think' break + unknown latin percussion loop + (possibly) the 'Funky Drummer' break

Clip here

That so called "unknown latin percussion loop" is ...... wait for it.... please try to take me seriously (this is a personal find and it FREAKED ME OUT!)....

Disney's Lady & The Tramp / We Are Siamese If You Please

(comes in around 13/14 seconds)

I have no idea how I just suddenly just realised as I haven't watched Lady & The Tramp for 20 odd years. I'm expecting skepticism, but going back and forth between the Skeleton track and the Disney clip, it's pretty obvious (all the details of the Disney clip can be heard in Luv Ta Luv Ya). Also, I doubted it enough to not even bother checking for a few days... but then I remembered that the Skeleton Krew tune samples King Louis doing his Jungle VIP lyric on Disney's Jungle Book. A coincidence? I put it to you that the Skeleton Krew likely had a Disney compilation album and were looking for obscure / funny / jungle-related samples.

What a brilliantly obscure find, nice one Hattrixx! I'll never know how you managed to clock that considering it sounds so different at it's normal pitch/tempo, but it's definitely the one.

Has it been established where that other bit which sounds like a snare roll that comes in on the second half of the bar is from? It almost sounds like a shaker of some sort, but when you slow it down it appears to be a snare.

It's most obvious at 1:36 of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQWUNNuoaik

I think Stenny makes it as the Funky Drummer, which I'm inclined to agree, I think its triggered 'off beat' which makes it more syncopated

but again, amazing on the Siamese work out, that is an amazing find. What a great choice for a sample too!

that is a jaw dropping find Hatt!

Thanks! I'd usually keep something like this to myself, but it was just toooo interesting. I HAD to share!

What a brilliantly obscure find, nice one Hattrixx! I'll never know how you managed to clock that considering it sounds so different at it's normal pitch/tempo, but it's definitely the one.

I didn't recognise it by watching Lady & The Tramp, I just somehow disassembled the Luv Ta Luv Ya beats in my head and had an instinctive hunch that it was The Siamase Cat Song. Incidentally, it was the low-end thumping percussion at the end of each phrase that gave it away, not the high pitched tingling. I recall being totally fascinated with that rhythm as a child. Don't know why! I wouldn't have remembered any of the film's script / plot or the character's names or anything like that!

I think Stenny makes it as the Funky Drummer, which I'm inclined to agree, I think its triggered 'off beat' which makes it more syncopated

I agree, but I'm not convinced that it's the standard issue James Brown Funky Drummer... It might be a 2nd gen Funky Drummer... I haven't scrutinised it enough to be able to tell you which one.

but again, amazing on the Siamese work out, that is an amazing find. What a great choice for a sample too!

Yes, thank you! And I agree... What a great sample. It must have taken a bit of work to get it to work as well, the timing is sloppy as <insert random scapegoat>'s mother's clunge.

This is the best break ID ever. The single most epic find. Hattrix I love you!

Shucks, thanks! As fun as it is purely from a trainspotter's perspective I can't imagine it's the most useful find. Then again, who knows? Maybe we'll start hearing Paradox etc banging out this "break"...? Hahaha!

Thanks! I'd usually keep something like this to myself, but it was just toooo interesting. I HAD to share!

Hey i always thought that, too. Let it go and the only reason i come here regularly the last few months is when i find a sample in a mix or want to know where some are used it just because of this. "Sharing is caring!" And as you see sometimes it makes people happy. ;)

It seems like there are only a handful of people active anyway. I guess that's a good climate as you are not as moody like on DOA or DNBA, where it is a dickwaving contest on who wants to disgrace and humilate others or trying to get the most posts per hour...

From what i saw, people on here are actually pretty open and very friendly, even when disagreeing on certain topics. It's slow and not very populate, but i like it that way! :)

Shucks, thanks! As fun as it is purely from a trainspotter's perspective I can't imagine it's the most useful find. Then again, who knows? Maybe we'll start hearing Paradox etc banging out this "break"...? Hahaha!

H_M_M and I are in a battle now, who makes the best use of it? Obviously it's gotta be done in 12 bit samplers. Anyway, It's also the way you found the sample. Not even by hearing it, just by a childhood memory or something. Makes it more epic.