beautiful atmospheric track from LTJ Bukem @ Chrome '95

kuli

I've been after this tune ID for a while too . . . I've got the rest of the tracklist, just not that tune!! It's the fourth track that needs IDing. Will upload the set if you want Bhima . . .

1. The Mystics - PFM

2. The Instrumental - Q Project

3. Sands Of Time - Oblivion

4. ???????

5. Horizons - LTJ Bukem

6. Relics - Studio Pressure (Digital Remix)

7. Sweet Sunshine - Ils and Solo

8. Soul Searchin - Photek and Tayla

9. One And Only - PFM

10. Awakenings - The Sentinel

11. Atlantis - LTJ Bukem

Ah, this old one! :wub:

It's been listed in the big Bukem Unknowns thread for some time under "buk95-2.mp3" - http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37766

I'm pretty sure it's Photek. In fact, i'm 100% sure he's involved. It's totally his style and the amen break also has his trademark metallic sound later on, due to that delay effect he loved so much. It's either him, or it's engineered by him, i'm sure of it.

Thanks for the link, by the way!

I felt it was a Source Direct tune . . . has their typical ambient pads and that amen they use to roll it along . . . though considering it was a 1995 tune it could well be Photek, who also had a similar sound. Perhaps we should keep an ear out for the Unreleased Photek Album, eh?

Unreleased Photek... I wonder what that thread on DOA is saying lately?

I reckon the 'remixed' track mentioned probably is, if anything, the One Nation. There was mentions on the net that the tune got pulled due to the uncleared vocal samples in it so if anything that may be the tune least lilkly to see light of day. Shame, as its the only track I'm interested in. Although the System Ex - Say It/Version Remix would be nice to see on plastic (not the b-side of PRO006)

Has anyone ever confronted Bukem about this track? He has to know what it is as it featured in so many of his Speed era sets. This is not just another lost 1993 DAT or some such.

I used to bug him on AIM a lot but he never got back to me... If he did it would just be a "sorry... don't have time to listen right now..."

Someone else should try - i've not been on AIM in ages...

I felt it was a Source Direct tune . . . has their typical ambient pads and that amen they use to roll it along . . . though considering it was a 1995 tune it could well be Photek, who also had a similar sound. Perhaps we should keep an ear out for the Unreleased Photek Album, eh?

I don't know... It's that crazy metallic effect that I only ever heard Photek use in long passages - Source Direct used it but minimally. It has Peshay written all over it too - listen to the sounds and compare them to "The Piano Tune"! This was around the time that Peshay and Photek were blowing up on the Streetbeats label together so perhaps it could be a colab.

However, i've never heard Photek go that deep whereas Peshay has - and the structure of the tune doesn't sound like Photek or Source Direct, it's more of a PFM/Peshay-type arrangement.

...i'll stop there! I can get real geeky with this stuff at times!

I sent a message to photek on myspace though so, maybe he'll clear this up at some point.

I don't know... It's that crazy metallic effect that I only ever heard Photek use in long passages - Source Direct used it but minimally. It has Peshay written all over it too - listen to the sounds and compare them to "The Piano Tune"! This was around the time that Peshay and Photek were blowing up on the Streetbeats label together so perhaps it could be a colab.

However, i've never heard Photek go that deep whereas Peshay has - and the structure of the tune doesn't sound like Photek or Source Direct, it's more of a PFM/Peshay-type arrangement.

...i'll stop there! I can get real geeky with this stuff at times!

I sent a message to photek on myspace though so, maybe he'll clear this up at some point.

Excellent. I hope he replies. Since we are on the subject of Streetbeats I wonder if the entire Streetbeats back catalogue has been checked with regards to this track?

Hmm still not convinced! What of The Piano Tune can you hear in here? The metallic effect = a flange. I wish I had the Streetbeats catalogue to check!

Hmm still not convinced! What of The Piano Tune can you hear in here? The metallic effect = a flange. I wish I had the Streetbeats catalogue to check!

I meant the Piano and the atmospheric sounds - the way they're engineered sounds like Peshay.

I have the whole of the Streetbeats catalogue and, trust me, it's not one of them. :sad:

Unreleased Photek... I wonder what that thread on DOA is saying lately?

I reckon the 'remixed' track mentioned probably is, if anything, the One Nation. There was mentions on the net that the tune got pulled due to the uncleared vocal samples in it so if anything that may be the tune least lilkly to see light of day. Shame, as its the only track I'm interested in. Although the System Ex - Say It/Version Remix would be nice to see on plastic (not the b-side of PRO006)

Damn, I've got Say It, didn't know there was another version. What's it sound like? Better than PRO 006?

Doh, just remembered that I've got EYE01 white label with Say It. Don't know what the PRO 006 is. Is the EYE01 release rare? I turned up two copies and gave one away to my mate Juicer.

The Third Eye & Entity releases are both the same. I think they are both fairly rare, but not stupidly, and not worth that much. Prototype #6 only ever made it to the test press stage I believe. No idea how many were pressed and amongst who they were curculated. I know Doc Scott, Bailey and Ray Keith had copies, but I doubt any were in the shops as promos.

• 4 weeks later...