do you think altern8 Evapor-8 is

H_M_M

if you loop kool is back from the start of the snare, it will rotate round so you'll get the double kick, i tried to do it but are you sure altern8 used this break? i reckon it is it, but the snares on Evapar8 aren't as 'clangy'#

'ere have a listen yourself http://www.caravan-soundsystem.org/evap.mp3

i also added an 808 at the start as i think they did that too

Loop is definitely different. Evapor8 ends with a completely different (longer) roll. Also, on evapor8 snare 1 and 4 sound different while on yours they sound the same.

different loop huh? you sure thought cause if you listen to the closed/open hihats, they're identical imo.

different loop huh? you sure thought cause if you listen to the closed/open hihats, they're identical imo.

There are more loops that sound alike. Could even be a "kool is back" cover from somewhere... there are so many breaks out there that nobody has even used... (though altern8... nah... they probably nicked it from an obvious place).

Also, I would say the hi-hat on the last bar sounds like an open hi-hat in evapor8 (though it's so crowded with sounds it's hard to hear if it actually is...) while Kool is back has 2 hits there... but again, difficult to hear...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...