RDB up for "best website" at dnbawards.nl

haste

DUTCH DRUM 'N BASS AWARDS 2006

Powered by UDG

http://myspace-568.vo.llnwd.net/01329/86/52/1329552568_l.gif

Once again, the Dutch drum 'n bass scene will be highlighted on December 29th at

the yearly Drum 'n Bass Awards. The awards ceremony for Best DJ, Best MC and Best

Producer (amongst others) will take place at the Paard van Troje in The Hague. The

night will feature the winners of all award categories as well as an all-star

line-up of the cream of Dutch dnb.

Over the last few years, drum 'n bass in Holland has grown to become a dance genre

that is to be taken seriously. The scene features high quality events, dj's that

highlight all sub genres and internationally acclaimed producers that tour the globe

frequently. Household names such as Black Sun Empire, Noisia, Martyn and Limewax and

events such as Major League, PRSPCT, Red Zone and Ichi One pull crowds from all over

the country and beyond.

The Dutch Drum&Bass Awards are organised to reward the most active, original,

artistic, successful and promising artists in the Dutch scene. Drum ‘n bass involves

a lot more than music alone. An ever growing group of promoters, graphic designers,

recordshops, labels and so on are constantly active in improving the scene and

giving way for new initiatives. The Drum&Bass Awards invites this group of people

and puts them in the spotlight. By doing so the scene meets and is improved.

To decide on the winners of the awardshow we need your help!

In the beginning of November the nominees for each category will be announced. In

total there are eight categories. Visit our website to find out more about the

categories and the winners of the previous years. From mid November to mid December

you can let your vote count! During these 4 weeks this years winners are decided

upon.

This year, the Awards are organised by the Slam foundation. Slam was formed at the

end of 2005 with the purpose of stimulating dance music and its culture.

More info on the Drum&Bass Awards: www.dnbawards.nl / www.myspace.com/dnbanl

More info on SLAM: www.slam.nu

Contact us via info@slam.nu

UDG, Ultimate DJ Gear, is the official partner of The Dutch Drum ‘n Bass Awards

More info on www.ultimate-dj-gear.com

http://sadc.xs4all.nl/dnbawards/img/partner_slam.gifhttp://sadc.xs4all.nl/dnbawards/img/sponsor_udg_bw.gifhttp://sadc.xs4all.nl/dnbawards/img/partner_paard.gifhttp://sadc.xs4all.nl/dnbawards/img/partner_flexweb.gif

Looks like we've been nominated for Best Website over at www.dnbawards.nl, which is nice

Here are the nominees in our category...

BEST WEBSITE

Dnbforum.nl

Hollands biggest online dnb promotion and discussion network.

Gruwelijk.com

All dubs and live sets are available here.

Jungletrain.net

One of the worlds most famous dnb internet radio’s.

Rolldabeats.com

The biggest en best dnb database ever.

Utregmassive.nl

These guys have massive support in Utreg, and even managed to make a good looking well visited online community.

----------------------------------------------

Voting takes place from the 15th Nov - 15th Dec on their site. It might be nice to spread the word to see if people can vote for us!

----------------------------------------------

Voting takes place from the 15th Nov - 15th Dec on their site. It might be nice to spread the word to see if people can vote for us!

probably best to wait until the 15th to start spreading the word, otherwise people will forget in the interim period.

probably best to wait until the 15th to start spreading the word, otherwise people will forget in the interim period.

True. Bump this on the 15th and you've got me to "SIGN ON THE LINE THAT IS DOTTED!"

10 points for anyone who knows what film that's from :biggrin:

Some email addresses (eg, yahoo!) don't seem to receive the validation email correctly. If correct, you should get a validation confirmation message when you click on the link sent to you... if not, it hasn't worked properly!

I voted for the same as Thijs did . . . we have good taste!! Never heard of any of them MC's though (though I stopped paying any attention to them after Hyper D) or any of them shops, what about Chemical and Kaizen for example?!

I voted for the same as Thijs did . . . we have good taste!! Never heard of any of them MC's though (though I stopped paying any attention to them after Hyper D) or any of them shops, what about Chemical and Kaizen for example?!

all the nominees are Dutch!

Producer: Black Sun Empire (Not that i'm feeling so much productions right now, but -shit- what they've done in these years...)

DJ: Adi-j

MC: boh i don't remember i voted blindly, i hate mcs :D

Label: Fokuz (bigups CI but they have to grew up a bit to being compared to fokuz imo)

Shop: Triple Visiooooon

Event: IchiOne (good amit @ melkweeg this summer!)

Upcoming: Syndrome Audio

[edit] why mav is excluded? Cause it's not original born in nl?..

• 1 month later...

Results

Best DJ

MARTYN

Runners up: Harsh (2), Noisia (3)

Best Mc

DART

Runners up: Quest One (2), Jay (3)

Best Producer

NOISIA

Runners up: Martyn (2), Black Sun Empire (3)

Best Event

MAJOR LEAGUE

Runners up: Red Zone (2), IChiOne (2), Prspct (3)

Best Label

BSE RECORDINGS

Runners up: Counter Intelligence (2), Citrus (3), Vision (3)

Best Recordshop

TRIPLE VISION

Runners up: Killa Cutz (2), Metro (3)

Best Website

DNBFORUM.NL

Runners up: Jungletrain.net (2), Rolldabeats.com (3)

Best Upcoming

ENGINE MUSIC

Runners up: DJ Nicon (2), Cultural Evolution (3)

I was there the evening of the awards, great night. The fact that DnBforum.nl was gonna take first price in this catagory was no surprise to anyone. And I have to say I have no problems ending behind jungletrain.net either.

RDB won one of these:

http://www.ultimate-dj-gear.com/shared/images/200p_2.jpg

And of course I finally had the chance to meet some faces belonging to all the names.

And Java, about your comment on Icicle & Switch, they were playing that evening and absolutely rocked it. I think these awards were just a little to early for them, just wait until next years awards. :wink:

Heh, sorry about my slightly strong-minded reply, but I want to see RDB winning first next year, and definitely Icicle and Switch at least getting third! It'll convince me that not all Dutch people are crazy to not vote for RDB :biggrin:

I was there the evening of the awards, great night. The fact that DnBforum.nl was gonna take first price in this catagory was no surprise to anyone. And I have to say I have no problems ending behind jungletrain.net either.

RDB won one of these:

http://www.ultimate-dj-gear.com/shared/images/200p_2.jpg

And of course I finally had the chance to meet some faces belonging to all the names.

And Java, about your comment on Icicle & Switch, they were playing that evening and absolutely rocked it. I think these awards were just a little to early for them, just wait until next years awards. :wink:

Just you wait til next year. With all the stuff going on behind the scenes here, we will blow Jungletrain out of the water. (I should point out that as I play on Jungletrain, I spose I should support them as well)

Most definitely. Great to meet you IRL. Sorry that I missed you after the "ceremonies", I guess I was hiding in another corner, but I heard Arnie (Niels) has been talking to you. :wink: