clear vinyls

thijs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not on the list, but there are versions of B2B12015 (JB & Ascend - Let It Go) on clear 10" wax (colorless).

I think B2B did multiple runs of almost all their vinyls: some runs were done in colored vinyl and some were in good ol' black crack style. How are we gonna mark the releases that saw both types of vinyl?

I think B2B did multiple runs of almost all their vinyls: some runs were done in colored vinyl and some were in good ol' black crack style.  How are we gonna mark the releases that saw both types of vinyl?

the promos were on coloured vinyls, proper releases on black

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

http://tarzan.spoox.org/display.php?type=r...elease&id=24853

another n2o release in clear vinyl, but it has a slightly aqua blue tinge to it

there is at least another n2o release that's clear vinyl, and it's not n20 #17 (I have that too). But I can't figure out what it is 'coz its a promo that I bought from the n2o shop after n8loc talked me into it over the phone. To be honest he seems to have many promos of his releases that end up on generic clear or clear-ish vinyl, with a generic n2o label until he decides what the proper label and vinyl color for that release will be.

Also,

http://tarzan.spoox.org/display.php?type=r...elease&id=24677

(commercial suicide 20) is on clear.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/hospital/nhs90cl

High Contrast - When The Lights Go Down / Only Two Can Play

Label has that pretty scary eye on the A side, and the tracklistings / copyright info on the AA label. I like the reaction I get from my mates when I get it out my recordbox "whoah, you can get see-through vinyl?!" :D

• 1 month later...

I'm confused, is this a separate thread in which we should compile a list of all clear vinyls, or is this a thread to clear up whether a select number of vinyls are 'truly clear' or 'clear w/color'.

A lot of 'clear' vinyls, in fact all of them, will have some color to them, so I don't see the point in having a separate thread from the colored vinyls thread. Unless the record looks like a round sheet of glass, it will at least be "milky-white clear", or "off-white clear", or "bright-clear", or "clear with a hint of sky blue", etc

in any case, if we're just compiling a list

RUFFLM5 (Ruff-Teck Limited, see thread http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/ruff_te...imited/rufflm5)

is on clear vinyl. And by clear I mean it's transluscent, off white, and very plastic-looking

I dunno... My High Contrast vinyl (When The Lights Go Down) is clear, it's pretty much totally clear PVC and it would be properly see-through were there not grooves on both sides refracting the light...

I think this is more of a compilation of 'clear' vinyls anyway ;)

• 1 month later...
Has anyone noticed bad sound quality problems with clear vinyls?

I think it depends on which particular material is used for the vinyl when they're pressed - the clear vinyls I've bought have been pretty good quality, but a recent Logistics picture disc (nhs104p) has a _lot_ of groove noise... I suppose it's hit-and-miss.

I think it depends on which particular material is used for the vinyl when they're pressed - the clear vinyls I've bought have been pretty good quality, but a recent Logistics picture disc (nhs104p) has a _lot_ of groove noise... I suppose it's hit-and-miss.

Oh yeah, picture discs have for certain poor sound quality problems - thats a given! All my experiences with them have this rather high level of background noise - a sort of 'coasting' sound all the way through.

Someone posted on B2VOS saying that many clear or coloured vinyls have a tendancy to wear out rapidly, but personally I have not seen that

• 4 months later...
Oh yeah, picture discs have for certain poor sound quality problems - thats a given! All my experiences with them have this rather high level of background noise - a sort of 'coasting' sound all the way through.

Someone posted on B2VOS saying that many clear or coloured vinyls have a tendancy to wear out rapidly, but personally I have not seen that

I've heard the same, but have never had problems with my 9 x 9 which is clear - RIVET183

• 5 months later...
i also have it

my copy is clear colorless vinyl

Post a picture (including sleeve if possible), because this has made me curious.

Mine is most CERTAINLY white vinyl, it's slightly translucent (I can see my slipmat's pattern through it, but only just) - but it's definitely not clear or transparent. I have the blue and white artwork sleeve.