DJ Trax - High Time

Guest DeeJayBudd

Guest DeeJayBudd

Hi,

Pushing it, I know! But does anyone know the track that DJ Trax sampled for "High Time"...

"I think it's high time, we realised it was love...

...Now is the right time..."(which has also been sampled somewhere aswell!

It would be great to know this, thanks

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Pushing it, I know! But does anyone know the track that DJ Trax sampled for "High Time"...

"I think it's high time, we realised it was love...

...Now is the right time..."(which has also been sampled somewhere aswell!

It would be great to know this, thanks

Bollox, he just rung me a few minutes ago. I will ask him next time i speak to him.

Guest DeeJayBudd
Bollox, he just rung me a few minutes ago. I will ask him next time i speak to him.

That would be great mate, I'd apreciate it. Judging by the views on this, I'm not the only one who wants to know! :wink:

• 1 month later...

Easy DJ Trax here just signed up to this. Wondered who tera is? maybe someone i know under another name...

Also about the sample.......not a great answer for you all (been asked this alot!>) I got the record from a market in the late 80s and....................................................its a white label so i have no idea who it is. Which is the reason theres no credit and the sample isnt cleared.It was just a fingers crossed situation :)

for audio/mixes/biog/discog please check www.djtrax.org

@DJ Trax

What musical style is it? R&B? Garage? US or UK sounding?

What exactly is sampled? An accapella? Or does it come with percussion etcetera? (don't have High Time at hand here...)

Also, what is the chorus (if that's sampled... in other words: possible titles for the original).

@DeeJayBudd

Maybe try a forum like tuneid.com. And post it in R&B or Garage (also depending if DJ Trax answers the previous questions). Since not many DnB heads seem to know it, you need to target a different group of music lovers. But post a small clip of High Time as well to give people an indication of the vocals.

Really strange this as i keep getting asked about this vocal.Im starting to consider hunting for it and making a remix....

The vocal certainly wasnt uk garage thats for sure as it was around 92 when i used it. R and b...possibly. To be honest i cant remember it was a looooong time agao. Although i know is my copy is a white label and ive written bad vocal on one side :)

@DJ Trax

What musical style is it? R&B? Garage? US or UK sounding?

What exactly is sampled? An accapella? Or does it come with percussion etcetera? (don't have High Time at hand here...)

Also, what is the chorus (if that's sampled... in other words: possible titles for the original).

@DeeJayBudd

Maybe try a forum like tuneid.com. And post it in R&B or Garage (also depending if DJ Trax answers the previous questions). Since not many DnB heads seem to know it, you need to target a different group of music lovers. But post a small clip of High Time as well to give people an indication of the vocals.

• 1 year later...