#1 Bhima

Bhima

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hi all,

Just been getting back into listening to d&b recently and naturally gravitated towards this place.

I recently discovered a few info sheets included with some 12" promos I have. They include a brief description/blurb about the tracks and are generally used by media outlets to help promote the release.

Then, I saw this interview with Jim of Source Direct where he describes in detail some of his favorite tracks and I thought it was valuable information/insight for the real nerds like me who want the whole back-story etc while discovering new music.
https://gothamcitybl...-source-direct/

On Discogs, there's a comment section where you can learn quite a bit from people who help paint a picture of the context surrounding particular releases and I think some kind of database of track descriptions, reviews, anecdotes, etc could be an interesting addition to rolldabeats.

#2 djkryptonn

djkryptonn

Knowledge provider

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1725 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:41 PM

I've got quite a few promo information sheets for Drum & Bass (mainly late 90's to mid 00's). I scanned them all in a few years back with no real plan of what to do with the files. Some of them do make interesting reading so I agree that it would be nice to have an outlet to share the info.

If anyone comes up with a plan then I'm in.

Reply to this topic