Tuff Crew - Hittin' hard balls [CLIP]

Skoobz

Haste you cut the clip too soon, the clean break loop does not cut in. Thats what we wanna hear, right?

Those sounds at the beginning sounds like whats used in "Demon's Theme"

Break sounds like it uses Think (yeah, right) and also "Assembly Line" seems to ride in the background.

Shame I never got this album myself, I know "Soul Talk" by One Voice (apparantly Schooly D,. Jazzy Jeff & Joe The Butcher), interesting tune featuring chopped up montage of sample clilps documenting racist America. amusing & educational.

Guest declassified

It was used by LTJ Bukem in Logical Progression and Logical Reprise (both on "Producer 05").

You can get the break in CD quality by buying a CD called "One Voice: Pride" on Amazon. I bought it for about 3 bucks, the Tuff Crew song is there.

• 8 months later...
Those sounds at the beginning sounds like whats used in "Demon's Theme"

I think the current clip doesn't have what you're referring to anymore, but I hear a lot of Malcolm McLaren samples in there. Both the scratch and the tribal scream from Buffalo Gals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

talking of edited Think breaks, it appears no one has made a new thread about a break i now know is called 'gonzo' ? so if you know the reasons behind the name could you perhaps enter it in?

it's a think break, where no JB shouting can be heard, the middle "chik-ah chick-ah" part of the break is repeated more, I'll post up a clip soon.

• 1 month later...
See, I KNEW Hurt U So sampled something. And people were telling me it was just the Think break...:rolleyes:

:cool:

Logic, when I heard the Jonny L track I already had the 'Hittin' Hard Balls' track on the One Love comp, so I knew straight away he jacked it from here. Jonny took the beginning part of the track where it's clean. As for the original 'Think (About it), it has two break sections. The Hoo, yeah! part then the part that sounds like it says "do better hank". The long scratch part in the Tuff Crew track, I'm not sure about it's origin, but Mixmaster G used it in "The Manipulator" back in '86.

The long scratch part in the Tuff Crew track, I'm not sure about it's origin, but Mixmaster G used it in "The Manipulator" back in '86.

Oh gosh - "the manipulator"! http://subvertcentral.com/forum/images/smiles/falconslayer.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Logic, when I heard the Jonny L track I already had the 'Hittin' Hard Balls' track on the One Love comp, so I knew straight away he jacked it from here. Jonny took the beginning part of the track where it's clean. As for the original 'Think (About it), it has two break sections. The Hoo, yeah! part then the part that sounds like it says "do better hank". The long scratch part in the Tuff Crew track, I'm not sure about it's origin, but Mixmaster G used it in "The Manipulator" back in '86.

'think' has got 4 breaks??

1 - wooh yeah

2 - go on girl (vocal on bass drum only, this is where the clean break comes from)

3 - the bit you call 'do better hank'

4 - sounds like 'you dance rhythm' - like on leviticus, the burial

• 3 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...