Suggestions for Catalogue feature

Christopher

It'd be lovely if we could also arrange our Collections by "Added on" date (if it's recorded) or "Year of release" for the records themselves. The latter should be possible to shoehorn in; does RDB record when an addition is made to a user's collection? I for one would consider it very cool to be able to see when I bought what records. :-)

Yeah, this will be possible. We store the date that you add stuff so it'll be easy enough to give you a way to sort by date.

The new version of the site has several changes to collections. You'll be able to grade the media and sleeve condition of the everything in your collection as well as add notes for releases. We've also split physical and digital collections so that you can keep track of all the releases you have on vinyl and CD as well as all the tracks that you've bought digitally.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Yeah, this will be possible. We store the date that you add stuff so it'll be easy enough to give you a way to sort by date.

The new version of the site has several changes to collections. You'll be able to grade the media and sleeve condition of the everything in your collection as well as add notes for releases. We've also split physical and digital collections so that you can keep track of all the releases you have on vinyl and CD as well as all the tracks that you've bought digitally.

fapfapfap! That sounds ace. Appeals to the completist anorak in me :-D

For the search, could its behaviour be refined a little? For example:

I search for "the verdict" using "All" criteria from the dropdown. I get these results: http://www.rolldabeats.com/search/all/the/verdict

If I then click on CHRG044, the search box changes to "CHRG044" and "Catalogue". Would remembering the last search type be beneficial to users? I was doing a lot of searching by title last night and it became a little inconvenient changing the search type all the time. (spitballing here, about the option to choose between Radio buttons or the existing dropdown?)

Also, if a search by catalogue number or title is done and there's no matches, how about altering the link to the subforum to http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=new_post&f=4 to begin the addition process with just one click? That one's just timesaving for us anoraks ;-)

If there was also a way for the back-end submission system to be made available to people with a proven track record of quality additions (or, a moderated submission queue) that could possibly be a far more efficient way to add new releases if they have all the info to hand themselves without you then having to go and copy/paste it all.