"You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come callin'"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
"this, this is jungle"

Steve c and Monita - skeleton recordings

Steve C & DJ Monita - The Razor's Edge

Ahh this is another real stand out piece of tune - a real highlight from a one-of-a-kind era, huh?

The depth and layering to it... whoa

they just don't make tunes like this anymore do they

http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/style_images/1/folder_post_icons/icon14.gif Was there a 2004 remix of this? I could a sworn I heard DJ Flight play something VERY similar sounding at Technicality last year

• 3 months later...
In fact i'm certain of it, for sure.

"this, this is jungle" sample & the rhythm section had the same vibe to it.

But no mention on the database. That make it an unreleased tune?

In predator 2 whilst describing the riot at the start of the film someone says "this is jungle", I've heard a d&b tape with this sample on it I've got the shimon stuff so I think its something different, just not sure what!

Both top tunes though :)

In predator 2 whilst describing the riot at the start of the film someone says "this is jungle", I've heard a d&b tape with this sample on it I've got the shimon stuff so I think its something different, just not sure what!

The tune would be the:

Steve C & Monita - The Razor's Edge (Skeleton, 1994)

track, however I was saying that I was certain I heard what seemed to very much be a 2004 remix of it, being played by DJ Flight at Technicality last year!

I was a little surprised at hearing it, as I woudl have thought it would have been very unlikely candidate for a 2004 remix... its quite an obscure, (if totally awesome, that is!) little record that not many people would really be up on. But there you go.

The tune would be the:

Steve C & Monita - The Razor's Edge (Skeleton, 1994)

track, however I was saying that I was certain I heard what seemed to very much be a 2004 remix of it, being played by DJ Flight at Technicality last year!

I was a little surprised at hearing it, as I woudl have thought it would have been very unlikely candidate for a 2004 remix... its quite an obscure, (if totally awesome, that is!) little record that not many people would really be up on. But there you go.

my mates got the tune you're on about ornette

on white label

something to do with klute - either on his commercial suicide label or him on someone elses label

also vaguely remember it was a different artist on each side of the twelve!

on white label

something to do with klute - either on his commercial suicide label or him on someone elses label

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/offshore/suicideosr001

- the klute remix uses the "this is jungle" sample.

dj nut nut & pure science - the rumble on production house, most of the samples used I think are taken from the foul play remix of voodoo magic that where taken from that film as it might explain why even the apache break (if thats what it's called) is in it as well.

hey ornette do you think this may be what your going on about that dodgy ten inch remix of voodoo magic as this came out on ten inch green vinyl ????.

on white label

Defunct Drums Depression Decade (Klute Drum Spray Mix)

:excl:

"Defunct drums" indeed. And 'depressed' because its been over 10 years since the Steve C & DJ Monita - The Razor's Edge release?

Yeah I can understand that.

I don't know what the 'original' Fanu mix sounds like but far as I'm concerned the entire track has exact same vibe/feel/sound of the Steve C tune. Whatever next

• 10 months later...
Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Cutslo (Locust remix) [Prototype - PRO014]

"..otherworld lifeforms.." @ 0:11, used throughout track

contributor: Point Of Reference

Now, I'm pretty certain that 'Technology' on No U-Turn (and the re-mix) samples Gary Busey from the same scene...

"A new era of scientific technology"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just saw Predator 2 and right before the final showdown Gary Busey is talking about the Predator and says "this is his jungle". I'm sure that's where the sample came from.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...