Regulate IS Lemon D! (but actually isn't)

Ruffneck Dave

Also...

http://www.rolldabeats.com/artist/z_one = Mark

http://www.rolldabeats.com/artist/neo = Mark

And also, while we're at it...

http://www.rolldabeats.com/label/intalex_productions <<< Marcus kaye should be removed from the owners list here; it's actually XTC that ran it.

and:

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/jump_up/jup004 <<< This doesn't exist according to him.

It does sound feasible. I don't see why Mark XTC shouldn't be believed. He is more of a jungle head than many of us here..

Then again... Lemon D?

:dunce:

Lemon D & Dillinja have been 'linked' for many years, but I'd be hard pressed to pin point exactly where that relationship began. Maybe this Dillinja / Regulate long standing query is exactly it

Any answers on who Kaos Theory and The Outlaw is? :smile:

Marcus Intalex & ST Files, innit? Can't remember where I heard that, but it was a bloody good source!

I'll ask him about it though, just to confirm.

EDIT: It's on an old pirate radio tape I have (from 1995 here in Manchester) - Intalex was well known by the DJ on the particular show and always got a shout under that name, I believe.

Which one is which?

I'll ask. :smile:

We need to clarify this Regulate thingy. Are you sure Mark XTC didn't get it twisted? We all forget from time to time!

Nope, he confirmed it today again. He sees the valve cru quite often these days. There's absolutely no doubt about it.

By the way, how do you know Regulate is Mister E?

The shouts in this Clarky interview from 1996 suggests Regulate isn't Lemon D:

post-227-1177710794_thumb.jpg

Just because he's mentioned Lemon D and Regulate in the same bit doesn't mean they're different people. I've seen that done before - people giving shout outs to different aliases and stuff...

Bhima, Regulate played a show on Heart FM back in 1996, same station as maldini & D Bridge at the time.

Can you find out if this was Lemon D & why wouldnt he DJ under the name Lemon d?

Yes, i'll ask around about that...

This is it - he had an established name already, why start to DJ under a different one?

Yeah, that's a bloody good point...

Pain in the arse though...

I'm going to see Mark XTC at lunch time today so i'll try and fully clear this up beyond doubt. I may even just make him phone Lemon D to confirm!

Lemon D and Dillinja were already very established artists when Regulate played on Hart. I just don't see any reason why either of them would play under an alias and why the MC (or him?) at the time would say that it was made with Dillinja engineering if it was Lemon D (who would have engineered his own tunes, surely) or was Dillinja himself (who never used to DJ, as far as I remember).

Perhaps D-Bridge might know? I can ask him if I see him online

I also don't really understand the obsession with thinking that this has to be one of the two or an alias of someone else. Sure, the Mark XTC thing is confusing but I just always thought this was another person and the Clarky interview is very convincing. If Mark XTC is correct then this would mean that Lemon D is also Mystery?

Perhaps D-Bridge might know? I can ask him if I see him online

Yeah, ask D-Bridge, he'll know. I've emailed DJ Bailey too...

I don't think anyone's "obsessed" with the idea it's an alias; it's just all the evidence (from my point of view) says it is!