DJ Ron - Dangerous (Unreleased Mix)

Ornette

For the junglists,

This awesome version of a tune some might call Canaan Land (but I have decided Dangerous is surely most suitable) is just so junglist, is in fact the epitome of junglist. Ever since I first heard this, I have been in love with this tune - it is just so amazing!!!

What can't I say about this? So many moments - the backwards 'hard balls' break, that perfect junglist bassline, the poise of the various drops. So I'll let the tune talk for itself:

http://www.classifiedlistening.com/tarzanstuff/DJ%20Ron%20-%20Dangerous%20(Unreleased%20Mix).mp3

DJ Ron - Dangerous (Unreleased Mix).mp3

First (and only?) heard on Kool FM, Sunday 5th December 1993, I waited patiently for this tune to be released. Of course, a tune as great as this would have to come out at some point, surely?

Finally, towards the end of summer 1994, the 12" Dangerous/Caanan Land finally appeared...

Well, clearly the A side "Dangerous" was a 'new' remix of this tune, but imagine my heart sinking as I heard the other side "Canaan Land" - ostentiably the original mix but with everything that was good about it stripped out!!!

:realmad:

This must be a tune close to DJ Ron's heart as he has re-remixed it a few times so why on earth did this ultimate version never see the light of day?

Ok thats enough.

See you later!

I got the original today, still a good tune but cant beat this one.

Made me think, back then when everything was upfront, by summer 94 this one must have sounded 'old' regardless how good it was & so the new mix was done for release.

Suppose its easy now to look back say the other is better but we all know how it worked, everyone desperate to be the most upfront :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...

I just 'recently heard the original mix of this. Its actually a tune!

Its a shame - I obviously gave it no mind when I discovered it wasn't the version I was expecting.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry Steve -

I recently bought myself a URL and some web space, and was all ready to launch the prototype of my brand new site, when - would you believe it - I got put offline for 3 bloody months by bloody Virgin Media.

Now that I am back online with BT I'll be doing something very shortly so hold tight for that because about the first thing I will do is host the set up there for all to grab.

:cool:

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...