Dom & Roland - The Trap (March 1996) [CLIP]

Ornette

This was one of the first tunes I heard to really mark out Dom & Roland's worth as a serious drum & bass artist.

An absolute tour de force of filtered amens that took the visions of Lemon D & Dillinja - such as Dont Make Me Wait and Jah Know Ya Big - to a next level, this was one of the 'new breed' of tracks that went on to define the hard step sound. Was being played by Grooverider around March/April 1996

Now, as with a lot of tracks from this era, I eagerly awaited it to come out so I could play at home (being a big fan of this new technical & bleak style of jungle).

So anyhow, one day there's me down at Black Market Records, what should only happen but one of the guys goes and puts on SHADOW72R. Imagine my initial excitement as I recognised the sound of this previously unknown albeit Dom & Roland track and then disappointment as I discovered it to be this watered down, intelligent mellow steppy thing with none of unbelieveable amen soundscaping I had so eagerly expected!!

I'm really surprised noone has mentioned this track so far so I thought I'd take the opportunity as I have not contributed here for a while. I have a clip will try and get this posted soon. Cheers!

http://www.classifiedlistening.com/tarzanstuff/flytronix_-_ready_2_flo_(unreleased_dom_%26_roland_remix).mp3

flytronix - ready 2 flo (unreleased dom & roland remix)

• 1 month later...

Follow the link?

Fuck....I need that tune,badly !! That wasn't a ready to flow remix at all ,but another one of those tunes i did that i only gave to rider and he lost the dat

,i hadn't even named it!

i can't believe you'd give rider the ONLY copy on Dat

I didn't but i've got a feeling the dat it was on either got lost or recorded over by accident....i remember being fucked off about it 12 years ago and right now i have another wave of fuckedoffness coming on....

I'm still gonna do some trawling tomorrow to see if i can find it...and there's certainly not much chance of finding riders copy either even if he was at home to go through the hundreds of dats he probably has from back then!

There have been some very interesting developments over on DOA.

An update....

It is different ,It was called "The Trap", it used a few of the samples from my ready to flow remix and yes was from about 97ish.

furthermore i have spent the entire week going through all my dats and roland disks to look for it and haven't found it

but ....

there is a possibility a friend of mine has it on a dat or cassette (he can't remember) I will know very soon as i took the power supply of his laptop hostage today till he looks for it...

and/or i may redo it in some way as i found a few of the samples while going though my disks although i can't remember where i got the vocal from which is buggin me!

oh yeah and i found another couple of tunes i forgot i made and am thinking about doing some sort of "vaults" release...

More soon....

• 2 years later...

Just updated the main thread title with info to reflect what was said about it.

Looks like there will be a Dom & Roland 'Vaults' type album coming about, something speculated about on DOA for some time. I wonder if this will be on it? :o

http://esp-agency.co.uk/tours/dom-roland-dubs-dungeons-lp-tour

Dom & Roland "Dubs from the Dungeons" LP tour

Following on from last year's massive "No Strings Attached LP," Dom has also been working on a new album project entitled "Dubs from the Dungeons" currently slated for release at the end of 2010. This will feature some of Dom & Roland's older works from techstep times, including unreleased alternate versions of 'Can't Punish Me' and 'Nanobugs,' the unreleased tracks 'Aliens' and 'Revenge' (originally destined for Metalheadz) as well as some previously unheard Dom & Optical material.

Info

Territory: worldwide

Time frame: April 2010 - Summer 2010

Artists: Dom & Roland

Release: late 2010 on DRP