3 replies to this topic

#1 hanswurst

hanswurst

Knowledge provider

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 01:39 PM

i wondered if there is a way to access rdb-release-sites with an release_id?

today i posted a correction for a label-name and as soon as the correction had been made following link will be dead
rdb/release/music_4_ever/mfrp001
because it will change to
rdb/release/music_4_ever_records/mfrp001

in case the release-page is accessable with an release_id, labelname- or catNr-changes would not affect stored links.
example:
rolldabeats.com/release.php?id=xyz

i think adding a "?permalink-button?" to each release would be a nice feature because the links would not die for thousands of years :)

what do you think about?

#2 haste

haste

Knowledge provider

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9830 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 06:01 PM

Have been thinking about doing this for a long time and, for the new redesign, I'll try and get it in place. Shouldn't be a major issue, just need to rewrite a few htaccess settings to allow it
For anything to do with the site contact me using tom at rolldabeats dot com
------------------
wearelighthouse.com - Lighthouse London: my website design and development company
12in.ch - Photos of coloured vinyl, picture discs and all that stuff
mrhaste.com - A selection of random crap that I like

#3 haste

haste

Knowledge provider

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9830 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:53 PM

Just a quick one to say that this will be in place for the relaunch. Just added a new permalink link in the page footer and given it a quick test, all seems to be working nicely. Will be a good think to have in place, I reckon. Very handy with URLs changing like they do. The links are on artist, label & release pages
For anything to do with the site contact me using tom at rolldabeats dot com
------------------
wearelighthouse.com - Lighthouse London: my website design and development company
12in.ch - Photos of coloured vinyl, picture discs and all that stuff
mrhaste.com - A selection of random crap that I like

#4 hanswurst

hanswurst

Knowledge provider

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

thank you for this one haste!

Unfortunately i told you a wrong info about the filename after a drag and drop action out of the browser (firefox).

A drag and drop action of the favicon left of address-field onto the desktop creates a filename like the <title>xyz</title> of the xhtml document.

but a drag&drop action of any link inside the <body> creates a file which is entitled like the linked text.
<a href="#" title="abc">xyz</a> creates xyz.url

please add something like:
<a href="#" title="leave it as it is">permalink<span class="set_me_to_display_none">&nbsp;to labelname cat at rolldabeats.com</span></a>

sorry for beeing tedious but it should not be that time-intensive to change it!

Thanks in advance and sorry for the wrong info!
hanswurst

Reply to this topic