Introductions...

haste

Re-Touch had a good idea that we should introduce ourselves in here. I know for many of us this is now rather late in the day as lots of us have met several times but why not? It would be good to know a little about our newest members.

Say hello below after you've signed up. I might as well get the ball rolling.

I'm Tom and I have the dubious pleasure of running this site. It takes up far too much of my time but it's still fun (sort of, ha!). I'm into all types of music, some good, some really, really bad and I love records. I DJ every now & then and have plenty of mixes online of old skool in all its various forms and some cheesy crap too.

I make websites for a living and have a few other sites and projects around the web that some of you might enjoy.

If you ever have any questions about this place then please give me a shout!

Now over to you lovely lot...

g'day, i'm Todd from Auckland New Zealand

interesting looking site, looking forward to poking around a bit more

generally i hang out at discogs [contributing and cataloguing my collection] and metal archives \m/

recently i scored 100 drum n bass cds ha ha nice :D

http://oi47.tinypic.com/w2o8hs_th.jpg

Welcome Todd..If those are your first Jungle Cd's, you might have landed on a gold mine!

Which ones caught your ear?

Charlie

hi man, ummm i'm about 3/4 through playing them all and so many stand out: [ray keith] ufo presents contact, dangerous drums compilation, jonny l and klute all grabbed me and shook me around a bit ha ha

it's wicked tripping over tunes i know from live shows and dj sets on the radio but didn't know the names of

there's loads of metalheads stuff in here and photek, the bloke i got this lot from has excellent taste in drum n bass

a bad company album was pretty gnarly too, enter the machine or something?

i might even flick off a few units, i have a few other cds and records too [purchased previously] i just got this pile of awesome a couple of weeks or so ago

my posting in here is most definitely not a marketing ploy B-) :D

unfortunately disc 2 [the mixed one] is missing, but disc one kicks arse for sure

Wait? So you are into metal, but also DnB. Cool. You recently came across Jungle? How come?

yeah mate full-on blast metal and drum n bass, that's me [and a good dose of classical too]

i was just browsing through the bulk lots on a local online trading site and there they were, local collection too so went for a wander into town and snagged a sweet deal.

i got his entire collection, actually i just finished playing them all yesterday [boxing day] B-)

*i'm meant to be getting notifications of replies but it's not happening...* :huh:

Yo, I'm a HUGE metal fan too. Always been into Death/Grindcore kinda stuff. Carcass are the best band to have ever existed. What sort of stuff are you into?

Something seems to be up with emails, no idea why people aren't getting them. I'll investigate now I'm back from Christmas

ha ha! i knew there would be some metalheads in here, i mean metal heads ^_^

yeah no notification here, i ticked a few boxen in the settings but no dice

to see what i like check out my discogs collection, same username.

there must be a few d'n'b producers who are metal heads aye, klute used to be in a metal or punk band i think and concord dawn are right into metal [check out raining blood] also bong-ra doing stuff like grindkrusher \m/

slaying it

Unleashed, Dismember, Entombed...this is all good stuff. It looks like you're into pretty identical stuff to me. There are a few names in there I don't recognise, will have to go check 'em out.

Do you listen to much new metal stuff? If so, any recommendations?

Klute's band was called The Stupids - http://thestupids.org/. I think it's very likely that lots of d&b guys are into metal as well. Surely all those Current Value/Dylan/Tech Itch style guys producers have to be into that sort of thing? It's very similar in style/noise

new metal umm it depends what you mean by new ha ha

stuff like kylesa and mastodon etc kind of deal?

some of my favourites: incantation, cianide, pungent stench, immolation, misery, bestial warlust, napalm death, azarath, yattering...

[no updates, can't we just subscribe to a thread in here?]

I've heard Mastodon before, liked that for sure. Not heard of Kylesa but will check 'em out. Nice one on the other names too, I've heard a couple of those guys and they were right up my street so will check the others.

We're working on the updates/subscribe issue. Not sure what's going on with all the email notifications but something's up. This forum seems to have broken a load of things that were working just fine since we moved servers/upgraded it but we're trying to fix the issues. Annoying, I know, so can only apologise and say that we're looking into it!

i like kylesa more, just catchier and more memorable songs i suppose, the mastodon vocals piss me off sometimes [too whiny]

kylesa played with the melvins [and high on fire?] over here not that long ago and i didn't know them at the time so flagged it, i went to see the melvins the next night at a different venue though, u liek distorted bass?! yes u dooooooo... :excl: it was horrifyingly loud and packed to the gills.

update issue, it's not just me is it? this is a different board than i'm used to, but the tickboxes look ok.

Hi Peeps,

I'm Leon been buying vinyl for 20 yrs now on & off mainly Hip Hop, Jungle/D&B, Heavy Metal, Soul, Funk, Jazz, Reggae, Film scores, and other weird and wonderful bits. I dj but mainly just for myself. Have only ever put two mixes online as i'm never happy with any mixes i do. I spend to much money on vinyl and doubt i will ever stop.

Hi Leon, welcome.

I'm charlie, been on here for gotta be goin' on 4 years but i should probably introduce myself too as this section was my idea :). I'm trapped in the 90's..Massively into dark jungle and hip hop. Sold my collection a few years back but started buying alot of rare 90's eastcoast hip hop indies over the last few months.

Like i said...Live and breathe jungle, haven't gone a day without it for 16 odd years. I have been producing it for 8 and am about to collaborate with urban gorrila's Dj Flash..Hopefully bringing something to release this year, possibly self released. I will keep everyone up to date on this as i hope to get some unreleased Flash material out on wax too. Sure some guys on here would wanna pick that up.

Anyway, wicked to see this part of the site getting some action.

Peace

Charlie

Allsorts mate..I started out buying and selling them but quickly stopped the selling haha

Top bits i've got are Da minds of Sol (absolutely killer philly wax), Greer - Mentality, Sparrow the movement - Inheritance, Nodyaheadtodis vol1+2, Bronx Criminal County.

Do you collect similar stuff?

It's a massive change for me from collecting jungle as i used to pickup jungle wax for 50p in shit condition and be happy i found the tunes..Now i'm spending £100+ and scared to take em' out the sleeve haha

Yeah i collect similar stuff mate. 90's hip hop the thing is all that indie stuff goes for big bucks. Think the most i spent on a 90's hip hop 12' was a lot of money that was for a Mr Voodoo 12' and like you i'm scared take em out the sleeve. There is a da henchmen album i'm after but £500 is a bit to steep for me hahaha. I take it you got most of the chopped herring releases?

Yeah mate that Mr Voodoo wax is heavy and Da Henchmen lp is right @ the top of my list too... That is some of the wickedest sh*t but like you say the price tag is brutal and i'm not sure it wouldn't be a poor quality press to begin with. All those sealed copies about might be warped to f**k. I brought a well expensive 12 a couple of months ago sealed and it was warped bad.

All over chopped herring releases mate..Couldn't believe they are putting out the unreleased Minds of sol album just after i grabbed the OG. I take it you know about Dope Folks!? They have been putting out some wicked 90's stuff recently, Omniscience funky one liner last month :)

Yeah mate that Mr Voodoo wax is heavy and Da Henchmen lp is right @ the top of my list too... That is some of the wickedest sh*t but like you say the price tag is brutal and i'm not sure it wouldn't be a poor quality press to begin with. All those sealed copies about might be warped to f**k. I brought a well expensive 12 a couple of months ago sealed and it was warped bad.

All over chopped herring releases mate..Couldn't believe they are putting out the unreleased Minds of sol album just after i grabbed the OG. I take it you know about Dope Folks!? They have been putting out some wicked 90's stuff recently, Omniscience funky one liner last month :)

Yeah your defo right about that Henchmen 12' What 12' did ya buy if ya don't mind me asking? Damn that is annoying about Minds Of Sol the next CH release is out this thurs @9pm. Yeah Dope folks have been releaseing some niceness as well really enjoying all these unreleased bits coming out. I wish it would happen with dnb ie tracks like D. Breaks - Crime Mutations, Optical - What's The Difference etc but i can't see that happening shame really. I hope herring will release Total Pack EP but i heard that cee style doesn't have the demo's anymore or something along those lines.

The warped 12 was Greer Mentality. It cost me £170 never seen another copy of it anywhere before. luckily i managed to find a guy in Brighton who's got a really expensive record flattening machine who flattens wax for £10 a pop and he sorted it right out.

Yeah mate i dunno what CH is gonna drop this time but i know it's gonna be a killer. I'm pretty happy they dropped the album just after i got the 12 cause i've noticed the wants on discogs for the 12 have gone up already from the CH release being added so i can always sell it on.

Heres a couple of tracks off the Greer wax..Something about it man..It's cold as f**k!

Feeling that Greer defo up my street! Damn £170 that is crazy but i don't blame ya mate all about if ya really want it grab it. I paid £140 for the Mr Voodoo 12' never managed to get it when it was released. Start that label ya got to lol i'll defo be up for bagging the release's as and when they come. I thought about trying to start my own label releasing bits i always thought should have come out from producers i love but i have never had the money to do it. Hopefully one day tho.