Symbols & Instruments - Mood (Metaphysical Mix)

Ian_s

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Anybody know where the beat in Lazer Worshippers Theme comes from? I've heard it in a number of other tunes (Krome + Time - "Virtual Reality" etc) but I don't think it's solo'd in the tune so maybe it's from a different record originally?

this is a weird one - you're right it doesn't solo BUT the break is clean in Virtual Reality, and on the same Subplates 2 EP the synth in 1st drop of D.Stomp sound exactly like those at the beginning of Lazer Worshippers Theme. Bit of a coincidence. So, bucking the general trend, could this record have sampled Subplates 2? Chronologically it is tight but without knowing the exact release date of LWT it is *possible* that it sampled Subplates 2 (Aug 93 I think) and was then sampled by DJ Solo by end/93. The DJ Solo riff def plays clean at the end.

Or perhaps there is a common source for the opening synth we don't know about...

I've been playing around with LWT for a while, the synth pitched down also sounds pretty much identical to the ghostly synth in Subnation - Scottie's Sub - again late 93 :D

I was wrong anyway, this thread is going to be re-named :D

Synth sampled on:

Lazer Worshippers - Lazer Worshippers Theme - [EXperimental]

The Symbols & Instruments tunes have some beats on, might be worth having a check. I had a quick listen but couldn't pick it out. The beats seem similar in style to the Lazer Worshippers beat.

I was wrong anyway, this thread is going to be re-named :D

Synth sampled on:

Lazer Worshippers - Lazer Worshippers Theme - [EXperimental]

The Symbols & Instruments tunes have some beats on, might be worth having a check. I had a quick listen but couldn't pick it out. The beats seem similar in style to the Lazer Worshippers beat.

Ah right so there's the common source...

I think DJ Solo - Darkage sampling the swirly riff from Lazer Worshippers Theme still stands doesn't it?

I've been playing around with LWT for a while, the synth pitched down also sounds pretty much identical to the ghostly synth in Subnation - Scottie's Sub - again late 93 :D

The one in Scottie is the standard "Universe" preset from the Korg M1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCWVo0rDkAg

The one's in this one and the LWT are somehow variations, and the LWT tune definitely sampled Symbols & Instruments. I guess S&I invested more programming work and layered the Universe preset with some other WT from the Korg M1.

The one in Scottie is the standard "Universe" preset from the Korg M1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCWVo0rDkAg

The one's in this one and the LWT are somehow variations, and the LWT tune definitely sampled Symbols & Instruments. I guess S&I invested more programming work and layered the Universe preset with some other WT from the Korg M1.

Superb, thanks for that! Every day a schoolday

this is a weird one - you're right it doesn't solo BUT the break is clean in Virtual Reality, and on the same Subplates 2 EP the synth in 1st drop of D.Stomp sound exactly like those at the beginning of Lazer Worshippers Theme. Bit of a coincidence. So, bucking the general trend, could this record have sampled Subplates 2? Chronologically it is tight but without knowing the exact release date of LWT it is *possible* that it sampled Subplates 2 (Aug 93 I think) and was then sampled by DJ Solo by end/93. The DJ Solo riff def plays clean at the end.

Or perhaps there is a common source for the opening synth we don't know about...

That beat is sampled from Loose Bruce - Feelin' Moody: