Mantronix - King Of The Beats

Ornette

• 1 month later...
This is the source of that contrived little record-being-spun-backwards sound as used in many, many hardcore/drum & bass tracks, but especially:

Lennie D Ice - We Are IE

is that the same as the one thats in either doc scotts - here comes the drums & twisted bungle by smf or the one thats in mayday mayday & lets go by doc scott ?.

they seem the same but are different and just want to see which one you mean.

Edited by blah

Yeah thats the one I mean. I'm pretty certain that its the same sound - do remember that "Twisted Bungle" (awesome tune, by the way) is really fast for its time and so the triggered 'rewind' sample at a different speed/pitch than the others?

• 6 years later...

This ID is incorrect. The spinback in King Of the Beats is not the one used in We Are I.E. and many other tunes. You can tell because if you reverse them they are clearly from different tracks. Vocals I can make out in the King Of The Beats are something along the lines of 'and it's wack', while the We Are I.E one says 'gonna take you'.

Is there a chance We Are I.E. is actually the original source for this? Are there any earlier examples of usage (assuming I'm correct about King Of The Beats being wrong)?

is that the same as the one thats in either doc scotts - here comes the drums & twisted bungle by smf or the one thats in mayday mayday & lets go by doc scott ?.

they seem the same but are different and just want to see which one you mean.

That one is from Original Concept - Pump That Bass, already mentioned in its own thread on here :D