LTJ Bukem - Atmospherical Jubilancy (July 1993)

haste

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest monkfish
this MUST come out sometime . wether bukem does producer 2 of unreleased tunes like he did with the old school tunes, at the time i was yerning for this so badly i still think its one of THE best ever and now that i know its bukem its one of his best

Ahh yes, well done for splitting the threads.

As previosuly mentioned I had been after an ID on this one for ages, and the last time I heard it out was by Doc Scott @ Speed, back in 1995.

This is surely the best track of Bukem's ever, and I don't think I am exaggerating. Such a great, excellently formed and well balanced track. I remember watching each sub-sequent GLR release throughout 1994, hoping desperately that each time, this would be the track! But no... Still, can't complain about those early GLR releases - they were some good'uns aye?!

Oh yes, and the first time I heard it was played by D.M.S. at Orange, Dec 1993. So, come on Bukem, lets see a release of this. I'm sure a second "Rarities" album wouldn't go amiss.

And thanks to Steve J for getting a track title, even if he's not 100% certain that's what he called it then its certainly a good enuff title, anyway!

ALSO: Oh, and as for that break...

That same one that features in all them early Kikman / Living Dream releases? Yes I would like to know that one too. Maybe the break will get a revival soon! (Not that I would know, I don't listen to D'n'B no more...)

Well its an 'amen' derivative, innit. And after checking out Aquasky's site a while back, I reckoned that it was a combination of the 'amen' and Elvis Preisley's "A Little Less Converstaion" breakbeat. Oh and an extra bass drop on the kick and beefing up on the high hats perhaps.

Hmmm. What do you reckon

ALSO: Oh, and as for that break...

That same one that features in all them early Kikman / Living Dream releases?  Yes I would like to know that one too.  Maybe the break will get a revival soon! (Not that I would know, I don't listen to D'n'B no more...)

It did a little while ago, thanks to Digital & Spirit's Remote Control. It was left clean for a couple of bars and a load of other people sampled it.

Well its an 'amen' derivative, innit.  And after checking out Aquasky's site a while back, I reckoned that it was a combination of the 'amen' and Elvis Preisley's "A Little Less Converstaion" breakbeat.  Oh and an extra bass drop on the kick and beefing up on the high hats perhaps.

Yeah, definitely amen, not sure about what's been combined with it. Will check out the Elvis break...

It did a little while ago, thanks to Digital & Spirit's Remote Control.

Hey that's a thing, what's that Digital / Spirit track that revived that other 'amen' derivative breakbeat, specifically:

per ...........LTJ Bukem "Demon's Theme" (White, 1992 / GLR, 1993)

..................Peshay & Bizzy B "Merder Style" (Brain 1993)

........OR..... Simon 'Bassline' Smith "Palamino" (Absolute, 1993)

Now where did THAT break originate from?

Hey that's a thing, what's that Digital / Spirit track that revived that other  'amen' derivative breakbeat, specifically:

per ............Peshay & Bizzy B "Merder Style" (Brain 1993)

ive been told that bizzy b made it or at least was the first to use it.

its in ecstasy is a science - on the science ep volume 1

let me find out for sure though!

Is the break clean (sampleable) in either Palamino or Slow Jam? I don't have my copies to hand :(

I have a hunch that it's from the Bizzy B track, to be honest. I've heard Equi talk about the "Bizzy B amen".

yep bizzy b made the amen for slow jam

bassline smith sampled it for palamino!

Oooh, I dunno 'bout that... There is a distinctive amen in "Slow Jam", created by heavy compression & distortion, but that was reused in DJ Deckjammer's "Rip Danger".

The break from "Palamino" doesn't feature at all in that track, and in "Palamino" it doesn't feature clean and as for "Merder Style" it has a 'be-beep-ba-beep-boop' noise layered over it...

Hey, come to think of it there IS another track with the same breakbeat, the most obvious one at that! LTJ Bukem's "Demon's Theme"... that track dates back to 1992 apparently and it certainly doesn't feature clean there...

P.S. ...and did anyone I.D. what Digital track I was thinking of?

It also had this "du-dubplate" vocal sample (a-la Bizzy B & Technochild's "Dubplate Wars", coincidentally!)

Guest monkfish
the du dubplate sample was used by dylan in the need u know ep or the loxy and ink ep from the same time on hardware, don't know what digital tune has that sample in, ill do a search of my tunes and search for what tune might have that bukem beat ,couldn't be bothered before but i must make the effort now you want it as i was supposed to find out for stimpy, incidentally it could be a early bukem tune that has it in as doc scott (nhs)and johnny l (hurt u so)could of got their break from logical progression but he probably got it from an earlier source.

incidentally it could be a early bukem tune that has it in as doc scott (nhs)and johnny l (hurt u so)could of got their break from logical progression but he probably got it from an earlier source.

Ahh, yet another break I would like to know the original source of! No way did Doc Scott and Jonny L get their break from "Logical Progression" - it does not feature clean there!

Although I can say without doubt that it is certainly made up from ONE of the Lyn Collins "Think" breaks, and the "scaa" noise is from Malcolm McClaren's "Buffalo Gals"...

But I think I know the source for the LTJ Bukem "Music" breakbeat (or Omni Trio "Mystic Steppers" - which came first), which I'm sure has intreged a few of you.

But thanks for the ID - I will check it out.

Guest monkfish
Ahh, yet another break I would like to know the original source of!  No way did Doc Scott and Jonny L get their break from "Logical Progression" - it does not feature clean there!

Although I can say without doubt that it is certainly made up from ONE of the Lyn Collins "Think" breaks, and the "scaa" noise is from Malcolm McClaren's "Buffalo Gals"...

But I think I know the source for the LTJ Bukem "Music" breakbeat (or Omni Trio "Mystic Steppers" - which came first), which I'm sure has intreged a few of you. 

But thanks for the ID - I will check it out.

is it me but has anyone noticed that bukem pilfed a beat and bass riff off one of peshays & roger jonsons track and made music out of the whole beat ,which one came first music or the peshay and roger jonsons track im talking about ? bukem was playing (on plate) the peshay track before music was made?

Hey that's a thing, what's that Digital / Spirit track that revived that other  'amen' derivative breakbeat, specifically:

per ...........LTJ Bukem "Demon's Theme" (White, 1992 / GLR, 1993) 

..................Peshay & Bizzy B "Merder Style" (Brain 1993)

Could be:

Raw Trax - Revolution - Brain from early 1992..

Clean break right at the end of the track, much slower here than used in 1993 tunes.

Don't keep it yourself, share, share, share!

Guest monkfish

is that a tune on the belgian r&s records?. im getting that soon of a mate when he can be arsed to bring it round and i remeber that was sampled HEAVILY in mystic steppers .once again cannot remeber the name only saw & heard that breifly as well.

also anyone check out one of the tracks on peshay & roger jonson ep on desire i think it has a section in it that is the same as music, it got released late 93 but bukem played it erly 93 on plate and that makes me think either he used the same sample from that or the original sample peshay & roger j used ,whatever it was.

Slow Jam is from summer 93. Palomino was definitely made before it.

Do you mean Merder Style?

My information comes from 0=0,

he says that Bizzy B made slow jam in 92 and that palamino sampled it.

whether the tune was released later than it was made I don't know, but I did ask him twice and this is what I was told.

Ahh, yet another break I would like to know the original source of!  No way did Doc Scott and Jonny L get their break from "Logical Progression" - it does not feature clean there!

I'm guessing Jonny L made the break in Hurt U So ???

If you check the production on the two original mixes on touchwood then they sound wuite well made, I think Jonny L possibly programmed it from a think and something else.