Little new feature added to search

thijs

since some people asked about a quicker option to do searches i have added a quick type selection switch to the search query. if you start the keyword with one of the switches mentioned below the type shown in the select will be overridden.

-a artist

-l label

-t title

-c catalogue

-w website

so a search for -a omni trio will look for omni trio even when the select next to it shows label.

nb: do notice the space char between the -a and the keyword.

• 1 year later...
We decided a while back not to allow people to search by real names, mainly for confidentiality reasons. I'm sure that some people wouldn't want others to be able to come on here and look them up by their actual names whereas searching by an alias isn't a problem

• 1 month later...
Any chance of adding an "all" option to the search?? Obviously I know bollox all about the programming required to do that but it is great to be able to use that function on discogs. :zipped: For example if you are looking for the release "DJ Throbber - Back To the Trough" you can just put "throbber trough" into the search when it's set to "all' (which is the default) and it will find the link to the release. Is that feature a possibility in the future?

Any chance of adding an "all" option to the search?? Obviously I know bollox all about the programming required to do that but it is great to be able to use that function on discogs. :zipped: For example if you are looking for the release "DJ Throbber - Back To the Trough" you can just put "throbber trough" into the search when it's set to "all' (which is the default) and it will find the link to the release. Is that feature a possibility in the future?

RDB has an all option, but not set to the default option because of CPU utilization :smile:

RDB has an all option, but not set to the default option because of CPU utilization :smile:

in case you find some time could you please also add a shortcut for the "All"-option ?

don`t know which letter would fit ...

maybe -d (database) or -r (rdb) ??

would be great!

• 3 weeks later...
well... at the moment all focus is on something different, backend is re-done completely. after this is in place new features should be added way easier that altering the rigid system we have now.