a very very hard breakbeat ID

H_M_M

here is the clip (sorry about it being YT)

starts at 2:23

this this very quiet guitar dink in the middle of the half bar break. sounds like it was lifted from a funk tune rather than a hiphop tune.

I thought it was either shaft in africa or that badder than evil - hot wheels but it's not

ok, after listening a bit more, I beleive this breakbeat came along with the Future Music mag Sample cd, one of the early sample cd's they did. It's on there but it's not the one you hear here with the guitar doink.

I'll upload this break in a bit, no one seems to know anything about its origin, you can also hear it at the start of Baby D's Let/Fantasy.

I dont know the original break but isnt that the guitar albeit chopped,short decay maybe but isnt it in the track on the 2bad mice e.p,dont know particular track off hand but she says "2bad mice" it has a guitar that sounds very much like that?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello mate,

I've already posted this one up but couldn't remember many examples of it being used. The break you are after is a second generation break off a DJ Food album, see here:

http://www.rolldabeats.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49854

It is the 'Guilded Splinters' break with a bit of Funky Mule thrown in and a few extras, to my ears anyway... Will add your examples to the existing thread!