Rules and guidelines for the Tracklist forum

Logic

The purpose of this forum is probably self-evident: to post up tracklists for professional hardcore/dnb/jungle recordings. These can include sets recorded from a rave, studio mixes, pirate radio sets, essential mixes, etc. I hope to have this linked up to the Tune IDs forum to help sort out unknowns, as well.

Please do NOT post tracklists for your personal mixes, or other bedroom DJs! We want to start this off by cataloging all the professional sets first.

Please do NOT post links to download the mixes themselves. I know this is a bit of a disappointment, but it will keep things much tidier and, after all, this forum is about information, not filesharing. :zipped:

Finally, post requests for tracklists in the Tracklist requests thread please.

Each EVENT should be one thread (ex.: Telepathy New Year's Extravaganza 1994), and each TAPE (or DJ set) should be one post. If you are posting a one-off set or you don't have the event information, just post it in its own thread.

Please follow a few simple guidelines to make the tracklists uniform and complete:

• For each track, please post the "time stamp" when it is fully mixed in, for example: [13:26] Haste - Bouncy Castle [slow Motion]
  • Include the label in brackets after the artist - tune name (as above)
  • For white labels, please include the Cat.# of the release and the side played, like: [05:33] [EMP001, side A]
  • Rewinds can be marked with an asterisk before the artist name

FOR UNKNOWN TUNES:

• If you don't know a tune in a tracklist, please post it like this: [26:31] ??? (unknown)
  • We can then make that entry a hyperlink to the Tune ID forum
  • If people want to ID tunes, they can search the Tracklist forum for "(unknown)" and find those entries

If all else fails, please see the other threads for examples!

I think you need to make it a bit clearer what you're looking for and what not. For example, playlists for radio broadcasts? 1 in the Jungle, the Kiss shows (especially the older ones), Essential mixes? And how should discussions be handled. If a tracklist has 5 unknowns, does this mean 5 threads in the Tune ID forum?

I think you need to make it a bit clearer what you're looking for and what not. For example, playlists for radio broadcasts? 1 in the Jungle, the Kiss shows (especially the older ones), Essential mixes? And how should discussions be handled. If a tracklist has 5 unknowns, does this mean 5 threads in the Tune ID forum?

I clarified the wording a bit to help. I really want to collect tracklists that will help people. I'm just thinking we probably don't want to start collecting tracklists for bedroom DJs, so I was trying to find a way to word that appropriately.

As far as the unknowns go, I think it makes sense to create a thread with the same title in the Tune IDs forum. Don't you think?

What do we want to do with packs such as the early Dance Paradise, Roast & The Edge ones that had sets from various nights rather than one specific night? It makes sense to me to have one post for all the sets in each pack as this is what a lot of people will look for.

Great idea, Cool section

Shall we include tracklistings for recent d&b mixes, Dubstep mixes?

That would perhaps be off-topic and a huge amount of things to add,

but i know that's the kind of resource for which i have to look somewhere else than rdb.

This could be interesting if rdb aims to be the global info source for d&b and so on...

Recent dnb sets, absolutely. To keep the forum neat, though, we should just try to compartmentalize things as much as possible (like JJ is with the event threads he's doing).

No Dubstep yet. We have enough work to do with hardcore/jungle/dnb. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Why not? If people want to contribute them, I can help out in an rdb editorial capacity with that!

Shall we have hip hop tracklists too?

Or maybe we can do tracklists for the music played down the phone when you're on hold with BT? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

• 8 months later...
Got a random Bukem set with NO INFO.

Done a tracklisting though. Even though I have no info for the night, is it OK to put it up?

I don't think there's any real point in putting up random mixes without info on the night in question. Perhaps we should have a thread where we can ID nights from tracklists before they are given their own thread?

What do others think?

erm

Posting a tracklist with no set info is sort of pointless. What purpose would it serve other users?

On the other hand, if someone were REALLY good (ahem, JJ), they might be able to figure out what set the tracklist corresponds to

I suppose a thread in that direction couldn't hurt, but I can't see it being very successful :dunno:

On the other hand, if someone were REALLY good (ahem, JJ), they might be able to figure out what set the tracklist corresponds to

It's a one-off tape from 1997 with nothing written on it so, unless someone was there, nobody would be able to ID the event...

To be more specific, it's this: http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=541387

It's a one-off tape from 1997 with nothing written on it so, unless someone was there, nobody would be able to ID the event...

To be more specific, it's this: http://www.dogsonacid.com/showthread.php?threadid=541387

This set was posted on various forums a while ago and someone replied on one of them that it was from a night at Chambers in Worcester.