ancient id request - Kiss fm

Ornette

Had this on tape a long time now and still never stumbled upon it since

Tuned into Kiss as I did quite frequently back then, this was the wee hours of a weekday night some time early nov 1992, and couldn't believe my ears to hear a bit of hardcore junglist being played as kiss were really not repping that sound at all at that time. So ran to the tape deck to squeeze in what I could:

http://www.classifiedlistening.com/tarzanstuff/kiss%20weekday%20snippet.mp3

kiss weekday snippet.mp3

There was quite a bit of tunes being played if I remember, Jay J / Devious D "Time Of Our Lives" was probably another, I only had space for a very small fragment though. I never quite figured who the dj was, and that bit in the middle with the female voice must be part of the same thing, as is very clean broadcast, but what we do know is that he mentions the "ambient zone" after the adverts with Mixmaster Morris

This was a tape that otherwise had Tim Westwood from the saturday on it, and before that, a reasonable chunk of MC 5-O, DJ X (pressure x?) & MC Stamina on... yes, this is right, Weekend Rush.

and here's a taste of what else was playing on that tape for context... (what was) a very rare remix of Das EFX "Eastcoast" and then, into one of the tracks from the Brand Nubian album?

http://www.classifiedlistening.com/tarzanstuff/Das%20Efx%20-%20Eastcoast%20%28Remix%29.mp3

Holy shit, an old Roni Size production! :o

That's the one, and also in that clip under the female vocal must be Darkman "Escape From The Planet Of Zombie Droids". She actually mentions 'darkman' in the clip but didn't figure the id til much, much more recently, from a recording off a later tape. Do you think they're playing that 3 Way Split track from a dubplate there?

Also at the end is CMC "Hardcore Youth"

http://rolldabeats.c...d_edition/cw011

the Test Press version on Discogs has 3rd October 1992 as the date, sounds about right.

There's a video interview with Roni Size somewhere where he says the record wasnt made with Easygroove at all, it was suppose to be dedicated to him or something - but got lost in translation going to the label design!

Can't play your 2nd clip, its not linked & the embedded doesn't work for me anymore - can you add a direct link like the other one.

Have a 1992 Steve Jackson 'House that Jack Built' tape here, but its in a bad way - wont play without filtering up & down & losing a channel.

Whats the tune at around 3.30? sounds like DJ Krust sampled it for the intro of his Shy FX 'This Style Relick'

Ahh, the jingle music. I'm not sure, but its definitely based around the same riff as Brand Nubian "All For One"

which I read is James Brown "Can Mind"