FAO any admins - re: spambots on this forum

recoil

This forum seems to be getting a lot of spam bots. I got 4 replies to old forum threads I posted today alone. Plus two sex-related spam messages in my inbox from September. I also see another account posting spam in this forum today. Not sure what can be done to stop 'em. Just wanted to let the admin know - peace!

There seems to be no authentication on account sign ups for one, like a recaptcha or something. New members seem to add on constantly, with clearly dubious names. Perhaps a 'mod' or something could be installed onto the forum software to prevent this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Yeah it would be awesome if someone could fix that problem. This is a great forum - shame to see it getting plagued by spambots. I got 3 more emails today from the forum - 2 were spam replies to old topics I started (I've unfollowed them now) - plus a spam Russian video from "JohnnyLag" sent to my inbox - lol..

Obviously I could just turn off email notifications from the site, but I do like to know if someone's replied to a topic I started, or when I have a private message...

You're still getting messages? Eek! This should have been sorted now but it's possible a few of the old spam users who got through are still hanging around. Update us if you get more, please!

JohnnyLag is now banned! :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

I've only had one since I last posted in this thread. got it last week - a private message. I've copy-pasted it here so they can get the ban hammer = )

Charlesbax started a new personal conversation with you

Reply|

Sun 02-05, 8:23 AM

You

recoil,

Charlesbax has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Prime Forex brokers".

Charlesbax said:

======================================================================

Interactive comparison listing of regulated Forex companies.

fx-brokers.biz

• 4 weeks later...