Breakbeat i have tried to find for years - Gwange & spinback, q project

Beat-Findation

Hi, so i have been after this break for a long long time now and i'm losing hope i'll ever find it.

So the break in question is layered over the rolling sections of several legend records releases notably - Night moves remix and the execution to name a few. It also sounds a bit like the beat that jingles along in adrenalin with the 4x4 beat before the amen. Although the jury is out there as the break on that is by public enemy - security of the first world.

Here's a vid of the break being looped. Note it is not the amen break or the hot pants break in there that i'm talking about. Its the heavy snare over the first bar and then the roll of 4-5 snares at the end of bar 2.

Someone please help me before i stab my eye balls out lol. only joking of course but its a fucking ace break and only used a few times.

Oh i did hear the break on a hip hop cd being plugged by a supermarket on tele hip hop greatest or something. Around 2005-2007

This is upon searching the .cogs i found rather a few hip hop cd releases for those years. :(

Someone help ma please! :)

Oh yeah, this one has cropped up before as a request -

http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=51172

Funnily, I think I actually spotted another tune with this in - something being played by LTJ Bukem I think. Got a feeling it was something unreleased when I looked up the tracklisting though, but err yeah. Might have been another of the Legend camp's productions.

Still an unknown AFAIK :rolleyes:

NB. as for the 'bongo break'... the same one as in Noise Factory "Warehouse Music" right?

Oh yeah, this one has cropped up before as a request -

http://rolldabeats.c...showtopic=51172

Funnily, I think I actually spotted another tune with this in - something being played by LTJ Bukem I think. Got a feeling it was something unreleased when I looked up the tracklisting though, but err yeah. Might have been another of the Legend camp's productions.

Still an unknown AFAIK :rolleyes:

NB. as for the 'bongo break'... the same one as in Noise Factory "Warehouse Music" right?

Hello Ornette, Yes that was me lol. Since lost my sign in details so signed again. The bongo in ware house music is sounding right, but there was soooo many bongo type breaks. arggh head twated lol. I'll keep l;ooking, i love it really - searching. :) Thanks for your input fella :)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ok im getting close on this one. The break that backs up those amens on legend records is

Both Eyes Open

by

Lucille Brown and Billy Clark

However it is a second or third or whatever generation break? It was listening to Dj ileagle - crazy and it put me on to it after realising the beats were same.

Very close and very happy

Ornette - was the reinfoeced tune called - fall like rain - method of madness mix? It is the same except the hip hop record it was taken from has a bit of a rolling bass line along with those 2 bars.

This beat im after was released on a hip hop compilation in 2007 i seen it on telly but didnt take note, went to the cogs to find a swamp of hip hop comps at that time. gutted almost had the original there

This beat im after was released on a hip hop compilation in 2007 i seen it on telly but didnt take note, went to the cogs to find a swamp of hip hop comps at that time. gutted almost had the original there

Loool :lol:

I think I remember now, it was Manix "Never Been To Belgium"... thought I could hear it in there but might be wrong

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

It is the break from Ultramagnetic MCs - Watch Me Now (Instrumental) + some percussion

4:35

used in Method To My Madness as well

http://www.classifiedlistening.com/tarzanstuff/emoticons/pro.gif well done!!

An amen composite too, I see. Though wouldn't have guessed from its usage in those Legend Records releases

That thumbnail in the video is a little misleading, that "New York What Is Funky" LP wasn't released until 1998. But defo looks like the instrumental like was on the original 12"

https://www.discogs....e-Now-Feelin-It

Funnily enough I've been on a massive delve into Kool Keith's solo stuff recently. Gotta say some of it is way out there but the stuff he done good is really top draw.

Also I was very pleased to stumble upon this from Ced Gee lately, just from a couple years ago apparently!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUCKC6XK5VQ

What's Method To My Madness btw?