97 Style Unknowns

mndj

97-Unknown-6 = M.T.S. ? Hard Disk ? Juice Records ECIUJ009

What part of 1996 did this come out ? Just wondering

I havn't heard every set from 96, but I havn't heard this in any from that year that I have listened to.

Could this be one of those ones where the year it was released is a bit sketchy ? eg. Late 96 or early/mid 97

What part of 1996 did this come out ? Just wondering

I havn't heard every set from 96, but I havn't heard this in any from that year that I have listened to.

Could this be one of those ones where the year it was released is a bit sketchy ? eg. Late 96 or early/mid 97

It must have been late 1996, yes. Since the following release, ECIUJ010, was the first release of 1997.

Btw. 97-Unknown-3 sounds like it could've been done by Mental Power.

Arrrrgh...I recognise nearly all of them but have no idea what they are. I know I've got em all sitting at home but my memory is getting worse in my old age.

97-Unknown-7 - is the the dubplate mix, the first one that was made. The released one was the slightly different edit of the tune. I'm not sure if it was ever released but is def the original mix

97-Unknown-8 - Radar - http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/phat_trax/pt07

97-Unknown-14 - I think it's Cuttin' Saw - http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/5hq_recordings/hq08

I would really appreciate it haste if you could look for them, I have got a feeling some might be hard to ID like 97-Unknown-3

I definitely have that tune and pretty sure it's a Formation thing. I'll have to check but I think it's this...

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/formati...r_series/sil001

although not 100% on that

Pretty hard to look through the collection for tunes - there are far too many of them to go fishing things out randomly, I'm afraid!

97-Unknown-7 - is the the dubplate mix, the first one that was made. The released one was the slightly different edit of the tune. I'm not sure if it was ever released but is def the original mix

Its a shame about it being unreleased, because 1 of the difference's of it dropping in to a break with the main riff at the start, sounds better than the released version how it sounds at the start.

Another one unavaliable unfortunately, just like "Bass Of the Tramp(Remix)" I wish that was released. :sad:

i can confirm that 97-Unknown-14 is definately Air Movement - Cuttin Saw (5HQ)

Cheers for that

I definitely have that tune and pretty sure it's a Formation thing. I'll have to check but I think it's this...

http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/formati...r_series/sil001

although not 100% on that

Pretty hard to look through the collection for tunes - there are far too many of them to go fishing things out randomly, I'm afraid!

Yes, Haste ? confirmed. It's the A-side on that one.

97-Unknown-3 = Rayner ? Silver (A) ? Formation Colour Series SIL001

unknown 5 igot,but it's a dubplate,no title on it, could be by marvelous cain, got "marvin" written on it ,sounds like another tune he at around that time

Does anyone know anything else about this tune ?

#12 is driving me mental as I know I have it. Is it deffo from 97?

On discogs it says it was released in 98, so I'm guessing this was played on Dubplate around March - June of 1997.

Just like "Trend - Tune Your Bass" was played heaps in 97, but on here and on discogs the release year is 98. :sad: