Current status & things to come

thijs

The reason for this writing is that a lot of things have changed for me lately. Mostly personal stuff, but all coming down to the same thing: spare time. Basically I don't have much anymore. At this moment I am barely able to cope with the updates for the database, meaning there is definitelly no time to actually make improvements to the site itself. Which kind of takes the fun out of it for me. There are people planning to make a big upgrade for the site making it possible for other people to make changes to the actual database (yes, until now all updates have been made by me...), however that is still in a very early phase and will probably take some time to be ready. Until then it will mainly be updates for the database and not for the site (although there are 74658969352 things I would really like to change).

As mentioned the input for updates and additions are very time consuming at the moment. This also has to do with me being a bit of a perfectionist. There are however a couple of guidelines I which I do not want to enforce, but will greatly appreciate when people are willing to deal with them properly.

The main thing by far are new releases. Since these can be on a label which is not in the database yet, done by artists which might not be in the database yet. Please try to do some info hunting yourself (because else I will) on extra information when it is about new entries. For example with new artists; is there real name known somewhere, do they have aliases which are in the database, what country are they from, do they have a website, etc etc. Same thing goes for new labels of course, please don't just post a release on a label which is not in the database yet without any (contact) information about the label. Also check whether the other releases on that label could be worth posting as well.

A special note goes to all the IDM, Hardcore and Gabber releases which are posted lately. These are even more time consuming since I don't know anything about the genre (namewise) myself. In the future other people with a background in this could be dealing with these, but for me all is unknown. And to be honest the naming of artists and tracks are not easy to understand either. :tongue:

Enough for now. Don't want to make this a cry for help, but did feel I had to give all you guys an update about what things are going on at this moment. So don't stop posting info on the forum (although it might be nice to postpone the IDM until the online update is available), but please to try to come up with as much information as possible.

Thank you all for your support,

Thijs

• 2 weeks later...
Should i hold back with the UK Hardcore submissions for now? I can keep a record of my own of new releases and when the online submissions feature is functioning, could just submit them then. How long are you talking till that's ready? Over a year?

there is gonna be a 'meeting' on this soonish, once i'll know more about time schedules you can expect info to be posted on here. however i really think (and hope) it'll be less than a year.

Ok! One other thing, noticed the juno images aren't being added at the moment, are you still keeping copies of them for resizing and adding later? If you need someone to do a few then feel free to email me some and i'll have a go.